What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sd2 Butterfly cut relic

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
I was very kindly given a relic SD2 and 41 fuze by waffenamt.It arrived yesterday and It was all in very poor condition,and not for the serious collector basically a scrap item but Waff thought i may be able to use it as a cutaway example.The body apart from been heavily pitted and rusty was actually dented .The fuze had a bad case of aluminium rot and the threads were un-salvageable.Perfect enough for me
Using the usual tools ,hacksaw and files I cut the body and fuze where most of the damage was.Its not a perfect cut and i think it should have a bayonet type fuze,but i only wanted an example which i now have .Thank you for your generosity waff

Attachments

• sd2DSC00056.jpg
    sd2DSC00056.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 102
  • 1sd2DSC00047.jpg
    1sd2DSC00047.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 40
yes made my arm ache a bit ,glad i had good saw blades ,used 2 blades to cut it and one blade still has some use left in it

Its getting a repaint as well ,the blue on the body is too much

Last edited:
Wow!,It sure went to a good home then!
Super job on that Spott,just goes to show that wonders can be worked on reliccy stuff?
Hats off to you on the work,i honestly didnt think it was salvageable?

cheers

waff