What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD2B Drouges

satan18

Another little restoration job of a set of cut down drouges,like most of them are rusty and seized solid.

With some heat to remove the pins and roller barrels everything came apart
and was sand blasted clean.

Reasembly with new pins and springs and a good coat of yellow they are now a fully moving set.

Attachments

• Beltring resto 021.jpg
    Beltring resto 021.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Beltring resto 022.jpg
    Beltring resto 022.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 37
  • Beltring resto 023.jpg
    Beltring resto 023.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 38
Nice one Phil,Thats the only decent working set ive ever seen.

I do have a set that are frozen with rust,i may try the heat treatment soon on them.

W

Nice one Phil,Thats the only decent working set ive ever seen.

I do have a set that are frozen with rust,i may try the heat treatment soon on them.

W

Hi paul why thanking you

They were tricky little things to get apart so be carefull,the best way is to carefully grind back the rivet heats and punch the pins through with a small pin drift,once you have heated them and at least got some movement on the paddles.

Best phil

I'm a bit late catching up with this thread. Nice work (again) Phil.
Waff you could try soaking it in Hammerite rust treatment dip - you can get it in Halfords. I've got a few of this type of wing and it does the job on getting them moving, just leave it to soak for about 3 days.
Dave.

I'm a bit late catching up with this thread. Nice work (again) Phil.
Waff you could try soaking it in Hammerite rust treatment dip - you can get it in Halfords. I've got a few of this type of wing and it does the job on getting them moving, just leave it to soak for about 3 days.
Dave.

Will do for me.Thanks for the tip dave. :)

best

waff