What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sd50

waffenamt

Hi everyone,
Here are a few shots of my latest acquisition.
I got it from the Ben-meister's stall and it cost a 'bomb' but worth it in my eyes.:)

Comes with a fuze,locking rings and the baseplate totally strips off.
Totally inert of course!
I shall be applying some talc or chalk soon to bring out the stamps a little more and will show pics asap.

W

Attachments

• S7004647.jpg
    S7004647.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 102
  • S7004648.jpg
    S7004648.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 87
  • S7004649.jpg
    S7004649.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 95
  • S7004650.jpg
    S7004650.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 103
Ive picked up a nice type 55 from show to go in the case as i believe they were used rather than a 25?

can anyone please confirm?

W

Attachments

• S7004667.jpg
    S7004667.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 28
  • S7004674.jpg
    S7004674.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
love the pic of 25 in first post!
i have disposed 9 german wwii UXBs 50-500 kilo during past 2 years in bosnia and herzegovina, and only last one sc50 was equipped with 25, while all others had 55.

i hope this is valuable info for you.

i have not no german bomb fuses as i don't burn from desire to defuse a bomb and disassemble a fuse. :D but i have photos :D

i have not no german bomb fuses as i don't burn from desire to defuse a bomb and disassemble a fuse. :D but i have photos :D

:xd: I didnt mean from your line of work old pal!!
I meant bought at shows,internet or private collector?

W

Ive picked up a nice type 55 from show to go in the case as i believe they were used rather than a 25?

can anyone please confirm?

W

Thats a factory condition bomb which needs very little which is why you spent good money but still well within reasonable amounts:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

Thats a factory condition bomb which needs very little which is why you spent good money but still well within reasonable amounts:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

Cheers bud,
I dont think it would have been there at the end of the week. Yeah cost a lot but all us ord fans that saw it said it was well worth it. :)
I just need some bloody fins for it now.....:neutral:

W

Cheers bud,
I dont think it would have been there at the end of the week. Yeah cost a lot but all us ord fans that saw it said it was well worth it. :)

W

Hens teeth old pal but who knows what miracles are round the corner:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

:xd: I didnt mean from your line of work old pal!!
I meant bought at shows,internet or private collector?

W

well i was mostly interested in rusian, amercan and other artilery fuses and their yugoslav copies.
also it is very hard to find german fuses separately from bomb around here :D

Well i managed to find some of the old talcum powder today and covered the SD to highlight some of the markings.
looks like a 1939 issue case to me?
The waff stamps come up lovely too. :)

Waff

Attachments

• S7004793.jpg
    S7004793.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 31
  • S7004794.jpg
    S7004794.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 28
  • S7004795.jpg
    S7004795.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 26
  • S7004796.jpg
    S7004796.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 33
  • S7004797.jpg
    S7004797.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 28
I think this is the one where im sure of the date. Cannot squeeze all the numbers on with the macro setting..

W

Attachments

• S7004798.jpg
    S7004798.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 25
Cheers bud,

W
Strangely enough,my steel fins from my SD will fit my other variant,although they should be in ally i beleive:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Cheers boys :)

What fuze should i display in this case if it is 1939,of which im now convinced with closer inspection.

Waff

Where are these stalls! I must keep missing them or I am going to the wrong shows or something! I am looking for nice conditioned German Bomb to restore.

Hi Rockteer,
Its just a case of good old foot slogging around the shows and it does eventually pay off! :)

best

waff