What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD50L Restoration Onwards

satan18

Another step closer to getting the SD back to looking like
a bomb again.

The nose is re aligned and welded back on,The tail fins are
proving to be tricky as the metal has stretched and will only go
back so far with heat treatment.

All the casing and fins have been gently blast cleaned and the threads
cleaned out and locking rings fitted.

Some red oxide and a bit of cosmetic filling and we are getting somewhere.

Attachments

• Image010.jpg
    Image010.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Image016.jpg
    Image016.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 81
  • SD50L 022.jpg
    SD50L 022.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
realy nice job satan

Realy nice yob satan well done !
Great work i hope more pics are comming !
go ahead

Best regards David

Realy nice yob satan well done !
Great work i hope more pics are comming !
go ahead

Best regards David
Thanks David
I will post all the before and after pictures once i have finished:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

Beautiful

Phil my friend, you do fantastic work. It looks as though you're restoring a Morgan or something. Your sheet metal work is great! Don't know what else to say but brilliant!! Dano

Last edited:
Phil my friend, you do fantastic work. It looks as though you're restoring a Morgan or something. Don't know what else to say but brilliant!! Dano

Thanks Dano

Glad your enjoying the progress,and thanks for your words of
encouragement :tinysmile_fatgrin_tThis is what makes it more enjoyable as the job goes on.

Best phil

Hi Phill, I can't belive how quickly you have cracked on with this, it looking great. What colour should it be repainted? Looking forward to seeing it finished.
Best regards Weasel.

Smashing bomb

Phil, is the filler you're using on the tail an auto-body filler, would suspect so as it is easier to work with than the "glass". again a great job and just love to see it take form in the step by step process. I don't posess that type of talent and enjoy seeing someone who does go to work. dano

Hi Phill, I can't belive how quickly you have cracked on with this, it looking great. What colour should it be repainted? Looking forward to seeing it finished.
Best regards Weasel.

Thanks Weasel.

I will repaint in grey green with the red stripes on the cone section as i measured all the original positions before it was cleaned.

Best phil

Phil, is the filler you're using on the tail an auto-body filler, would suspect so as it is easier to work with than the "glass". again a great job and just love to see it take form in the step by step process. I don't posess that type of talent and enjoy seeing someone who does go to work. dano

Thanks Dano

Today i knocked most of the filler back out,and managed to use some
different panel beaters dollys to get more of the sheet metal back into shape.
I realy dont like using filler to much but sometimes it does help:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

yes some true words !

i have to say people like satan are the real artistst to paint any stupid colors on a white paper and to sell it for a hell of a money is nothing like art !
this kind of art what satan are doing is realy honorable and fill every collecters heard with proudness and happyness !!

best regards David

i have to say people like satan are the real artistst to paint any stupid colors on a white paper and to sell it for a hell of a money is nothing like art !
this kind of art what satan are doing is realy honorable and fill every collecters heard with proudness and happyness !!

best regards David

Hi David

I am speachless for your kind words.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

I just have a passion for restoration and luftwaffe air dropped ordnance
which should be preserved as a reminder of what both sides dropped on each other not so long ago.

Thank you David

Best phil