What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sea mine

fbi.is

This is photo of my magnetic sea mine does somebody know it's type?

Best regards

Tryggvi

img_7795.jpg

img_7794.jpg

very nice Tryggvi thanx for sharing im sure someone here can help you with an identification

regards lee

Moored Mine;

Sir,
Close up view of the mooring base plate and top cover plate would help. Both British and Germany used similar base plates.
Regards,
John

Hi

Thanks for the information good to know, I have a photo of the base plate and top cover plate. Does somebody have a photo of a M MkI cutaway and a magnet mine in sea?
My mine is on a small show now whit other items from ww2 regarding to Iceland and I have only illustrative of contact mine:tinysmile_angry2_t:.

Best regards
Tryggvi

img_7862.jpg

img_7861.jpg

Nice collection piece. Have been looking for a WW1 seamine myself for many years but without success. The ones that still turn up are blown to pieces by the EOD :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Thank you very much taucher and sorry for my late reply
It is great to have this with the sea mine. I didn't realize that it didn't have any copper wire from the case. I do not see the ww1 sea mine here on this island
Thank again for all the help
Tryggvi

Attachments

• IMG_8035t.JPG
    IMG_8035t.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 51