What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seacat

I have seen a number for sale in the last 2 years so someone must have one. I dont know much about these, I take it this was a failed system?

seacat missiles have been for sale in new Zealand before and occasionally one comes up for sale on trademe(NZs version of ebay).I used to have one in my own collection.the seacat system worked but not very well,sometimes the missiles had a mind of their own!there was also a land based version on a trailer

My interest in this system was piqued here: http://xbradtc.com/2015/12/14/seacat/

Have since done more searches and noted its demise was mainly due to advancements in the field of AA rocket/missilery. Still, the video showing the well marked target made me sorta laugh. I don't believe an enemy would be so accommodating.