What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

section thinn PG-7 rocket

tube8

On a oldtimer spare market close to Berlin I got this nice section from a PG-7 roket. Nice conditioin, complete and good work. For sure made for military school.

Attachments

• PG-7Schlank (1).jpg
    PG-7Schlank (1).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 146
  • PG-7Schlank (2).jpg
    PG-7Schlank (2).jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 127
  • PG-7Schlank.jpg
    PG-7Schlank.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 192
tube8

Now, aren't these called OG-7's? I do know they are AP, but what I don't see in your "cut away" is if it has any inner fragmentation pattern to make it anti-personel. Is there any tube8? Also, I believe it is indeed Bulgarian made because of the concentric, double rings with the factory number inside those rings. Back during the cold War and even today, Bulgaria was the the one country that was indeed the country noted for its extensive technology. Also, it was the one Warsaw Pack Country known for its innovative ideas. Thus, I do really believe they were the best at what they did and still do today. Just my $0.02 worth of opinion.

V40

Last edited:
Eodteck,

thanks for showing me that page. It really helps. I just still have that one question. Where is that round's fragmentation sleeve or internal scoring or what. The page shows the OG-7V to have concentric circles around most of the body. I cannot find them anywhere in Tube8's pictures.

This is an OG-7VM grenade, not simply OG-7V. (And of course not rocket, it isn't have rocket motor.)
Very, very nice Rene! I like it!!

Last edited:
Don't take this the wrong way APFSDST, but they are powered by a rocket engine.:tinysmile_shy_t:

HE grenades are propelled only by impulse charge while HEAT grenades have rocket motor.

This is an OG-7VM grenade, not simply OG-7V.

And the difference between them is?

I ask that because the one I have sitting in front of me is clearly marked OG-7V and while it is not a cut-away is from what I can tell, the same as the one he has shown in his picture.

Last edited:
Sorry, I knew bad. Your know right, Eodtek.
Russian made OG-7V grenades have frag-rings on the body and fuzed with GO-2 fuze, and the Bulgarian OG-7V and OG-7VM doesnt have frag-rings (you can see the pics) and both fuzed with O-4M fuze. The difference between the Bulgarian OG-7V and OG-7VM the propelling charge.

So there is a difference between the Russian and the Bulgarian versions. I learned something new today!

I was under the impression that the Bulgarian version was manufactured under a Russian license and was the same.

found this on net if its of any use

Attachments

• OG-7_ROCKET_-_INERT.jpg
    OG-7_ROCKET_-_INERT.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 52
Here are some photos of items I came across. Please correct me if I am wrong, I'm no expert on this stuff.
1. Any reason why the rear packing pieces are different colours?
2. PG7M + standard PG7?
3. OG7 fuzed 04M + PG7M?
4. Fuze 04M on OG7 in photo 3?
5. Standard PG7 and radiograph of same, circa 1980.

Attachments

• RPGs.jpg
    RPGs.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 55
  • RPGs 2.jpg
    RPGs 2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 49
  • RPGs 3.jpg
    RPGs 3.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 41
  • RPGs 4.jpg
    RPGs 4.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 41
  • RPG and radiograph.jpg
    RPG and radiograph.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 47
On the second photo the bottom item is not a PG-7, its the Chinese bounding version - don't remember the nomenclature at the moment. Look closely you'll see the PD fuze and the collar to prevent ground penetration. A small charge kicks the warhead back into the air, body is a frag matrix rather than HEAT.