What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sectioning Tool Help

jayteepee_1999

Ordnance Approved/premium membership
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
79340.jpg
I am looking at sectioning items I currently own, non explosive type of course. I have recently bought a hobby tool and would like to know the best attachment to cut through metal and brass. Can anyone help or put me onto a website that sells such items

Personally i use a mixture of tools,angle grinder for hard cutting (large projectiles),hack saws ,files ,and the hobby tool,
with the hobby tool i find the small cutting discs tend to break very easy,there are discs available that look to be made of same stuff as grinder cutting discs and these i have found to be best ,get yorself plenty of scrap items to practice on

Pop into Sainsburys Homebase , you should be able to buy better quality cutting discs for use with that hobby tool , than those supplied .
Fuzeman

I prefere to do it with a hachshaw and files and a hobby tool can come become handy. But most important of al be pacient with a hobbby tool you can go to fast and ruine your cutaway and I did !. I made a lot of cutaways and your most important tool is patience, don't overrush, take your time. I oldfaistioned so I use the shaw and file that works good. But be patient.
GOOD LUCK

Guys, Many Thanks, it will be a long time to perfect but I am willing to try my best - thanks again for the info...