What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shell fuse idetification & origin

gedmat

WW1 Shell fuse idetification & origin

Can anyone identify this WW1 shell top for me type/nationality etc, base is approx 4 inches diameter and approx 5 inches tall

Attachments

• Photography-Natalie. 001.jpg
    Photography-Natalie. 001.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Pttf?

I'll take a stab at it. Because it is still attached to a nose section I would say that it is a powder train time fuze from a nose ejection shrapnel shell.
Can you clean it some?
Regards,
Johh aka Bart

The pic is with it cleaned it appears to have had a zinc or alloy band around the top cone, i would presume originally with timing marks?, it was originally from the ypres area

Hi
Seem to be the EHZ16BEW if the brass piece on base side can be removal like a "faucet"
If not but a screwing plug it's EHZ17 (cant see well on picture)

Plug appears just a screw in type, have you any info on who used them and what projectile would they be used with ?

hi
WW1 German fuze EHZ 17 generaly used on 10,5 LFH Gr shell filled with HE or chemical (all type of chemical)
Also on 10.5 cm H Gr 14 and H Gr 15 HE shell