What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shinkle 1946 US Patent # 2,408,486 For Grenade

inertordnance

Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Attached are scans of a US Patent issued to Edward Shinkle on October, 21 1946 for a Grenade and Fuze. Thought it may be of interest to some here, has anyone ever observed an example of this Grenade?

Stay safe,

Frank

Attachments

• Shinkle 1.jpg
    Shinkle 1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 19
  • Shinkle 2.jpg
    Shinkle 2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Shinkle 3.jpg
    Shinkle 3.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Very interesting information Frank. I only knew of the earlier Shinkle patent. New stuff always finds a way of surfacing (new to me anyways)..Thanks for sharing...Dano

Shinkle was known for his ordnance design efforts having spent a lot of his time working on new and innovative ordnance designs. Only problem is that his innovations were either ahead of their time or in another time warp. In spite of his efforts throughout his career none of his ordnance was adopted that I know of. This patent was applied for about 4 years after he retired so he was persistent. Unique item though and I have never seen one. I wonder if the patent model was destroyed or sold off like many others were.