What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shot

2pounder

Premium Member
couple of solid inert shot short range practice or proof I got from Leeski after a bit of restoration and paint. Smaller is 2pr ATK and the larger is 6pr 7cwt ATK. 2pr

Attachments

• 2 & 6pr shot 2.JPG
    2 & 6pr shot 2.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 80
Very Nice! I have seen quite a few of these as a result of range clearances, 2,6 & 17Pdr. I have never seen any with the tracer in place, normally they seem to be the type that is set-into (screwed into) the base. I wonder if this is because they just get knocked out (never seen them as separate items either). I did see one once (a 2pdr non-flat head) that had a tracer like this but that was an early AP HE round!
As these have been fired and presumably been rusty, how did you restore - rub down, use plastic filler and machine and/or rub down?
they look v good!
Cheers
Mark

restoring

After removing rust I always use a car body rust treatment before any filler or paint. 2pr