What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shrike

GZ22

Are there any members here who may be able to shed light on a very unique Shrike exploder? I say unique as it's exactly the same as any Shrike you'd come across apart from one aspect - it is not the normal green colour. The underside (which would normally be obscured by the battery when in use) is black, and the remainder of the body is actually a camouflage pattern. I have never come across one like this before, and think perhaps it could be an early experimental model. It is not dated, although I suspect it is from a period no later than 1985, way back before Chemring took over ABP.

If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

One of the battery packs for my Shrike is black all over. I have never seen any other body colour on the main body than the olive green. It may have been an export model. All the UK service ones seem to have serial numbers on stickfast labels.

I believe there is a single buttoned Shrike rather than the normal multi button version that is commonly used. I have also been told that the army are now using the single version and there is a vehicle model, not sure what that means, may be the batteries can be charged from a vehicle voltage ie 24 or 28 volts.