What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ski mines

BMG50

Premium Member
I was wondering if ski mines were used during the winter of 44-45 in the Ardennes and not just the Russian front etc.

it's an interesting question you ask here, Chris. I've never heard or read anything concerning the practical employment of this device.
as a simple tube-bomb with a respectable charge of 300gr. Fp02 theoretically
she could have been used also in sandy regions and dunes along the atlantik coast or in northern africa for example??
to say it brief: I don't know :tinysmile_shy_t:

here is a picture of a ski mine with a glassmine)
but no idea about the use in ardenne
regards
joel

385373784_9ac406f462_o.jpg

It looks like the ski mine would be a simple device to manufacture under local occupation during the war, i am surprised that it was not as common as one would think, not sure how it performed and how effective it was but you never know what the history books turn up.

that's an unpleasant looking thing, you would be right piste off if you caught your ski on one of those

hello
the stand was made for knife(i found it on ebay usa) , i just recut it with a dremel tool to place correctly the ski mine
for the effect of the mine , with one or two BP28 inside i think that your ski , legs and ass will not apreciate it...
regards
joel