What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SLICS show

TonyE

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Just back from the International Ammunition Association show and seminar in St. Louis so thought I would show a few pictures for the scrap metal collectors on the forum!

As you all know, I am an SAA collector and that is why I go to SLICS as it is by far the greatest proportion of the show. (that and the equally important social side of meeting collector friends from all over the US and Europe)

However, over the last few years there has been an increasing amount of heavy metal appearing at the show so have added these pictures.

Ken Elks and I shared a table selling our books.

Regards
tonyE

Attachments

• Big bore small.jpg
    Big bore small.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Dutch small.jpg
    Dutch small.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 94
  • Fred small.jpg
    Fred small.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 96
  • General view.jpg
    General view.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Table small.jpg
    Table small.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 91
Tony,

Many thanks, I'd made a request for photos on the other SLICS thread.

Regards

Tim

Hi tony

Thanks very much for the great pictures.

Do you mind if I ask you a question when you go to the show and buy something interesting how do you get the saa back in the country ? do you just post it to yourself before you leave or do you have some other way cheers.

From bazooka chris

Coming home

The biggest problem is the American Transportation Safety Administration who check all baggage. The ammo has to be packed in original packaging inside a metal container, although the "original packaging" and the actual rounds do not have to match.

On arrival in the UK I just show my Firearms Certificate to Customs in the Red Channel and away we go.

So far in forty odd years I have never had a real problem at the UK end.

Regards
TonyE