What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So.... What else does everyone collect?

Hi Miguel A.J.Thanks for the interest,I will get some pics done and post them,
Best Regards,
Don,

I collect WW2 Denison Smocks both original and repros. Wear the repros but not the originals, thats why i have both.
I also collect Citroen BXs, have just the 2 at the moment but looking for more.

Andy

Attachments

• Picture 222.jpg
    Picture 222.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture 1353.jpg
    Picture 1353.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 18
Hi Miguel,

not so many on the roads in France these days and not so cheap either according to my friends on the BX forum. Good ones here are beginning to sell for a lot of money now as they are getting scarce. There are only 3 white Estates like mine still running in the UK.

Andy

Hi Miguel,

not so many on the roads in France these days and not so cheap either according to my friends on the BX forum. Good ones here are beginning to sell for a lot of money now as they are getting scarce. There are only 3 white Estates like mine still running in the UK.

Andy

Nice one Andy! Very exclusive.

Dave.

Miguel,

what i meant is there just arnt so many BXs out and about being driven on the roads because they are getting more and more scarce, even in France. Many more ZXs and Xantias about but fewer and fewer BXs. The first Mk1s will be 30 years old next year, there are about 6 left running in the UK so getting very rare now. Really good rust free examples are as expensive to buy in France as they are here.They of course are all left hookers too. not so easy to use on our roads.

Andy

Hi Miguel,

Andy

Some of these 90s cars are getting rare now. They are a bit too new for many to consider as collectables yet but will be soon. I drive an old shape Rover 200, there are still quite a few on the road but finding spares can be a problem. I would have thought it would be even worse with a car such as the Citroen which was made outside of the UK.

Hi bud,
the spares for the BX are not too much of a problem, eBay is a source of many however as the marque gets older obviously things will get more difficult. I have a 'spare' donor motor ime dismantling but its for my diesel BX. The white one is a 20 year old 1.6 petrol so ime having to now source bits for it as well. At least my spares motor is also an Estate so a lot of parts are interchangeable. BX forum is also a great help in bits and how to fix things. Its just a bit different from ordnance. Then of course theres the moths!!! Could talk for hours about them. Dont collect, just record and release, been doing it for 40 years now. And the sharks, all tagged and released.

Andy

Thanks Waff,I am glad I am not the only one on here that collects stray cats,(I got 4),Good on yer mate,!
Regards,Don,