What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soda/beer bottle collection

Another hobby of mine is antique soda bottle collecting, and since i've heard a few others in here talk about it, here is a small portion of my collection..Dano

Attachments

• Picture 136.jpg
    Picture 136.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 34
Nice bottles Dano, I really like those cobalt blue ones.

What's the one on the top shelf in the middle, its an unusual colour?

Thanks for showing them.

Dave.

teal

Hi Dave, That is a teal colored Philadelphia squat soda. This style is called a squat soda but I think it was an ale bottle..Dano

Another hobby of mine is antique soda bottle collecting, and since i've heard a few others in here talk about it, here is a small portion of my collection..Dano

Hi Dano
A very nice collection you have there,and reminds me of when we came across a victorian bottle dump on the banks of a canal hear in the UK.

I was a lad at the time and was digging hundreds of these shear neck bottles up with my Dad.

There were Rwhites lemonade bottles with the marble in the neck,bowlers
like the ones you have,beer bottles and various salt glaze bottles,oh and medicine bottles.
we still have a fair few kicking around and on display:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Thanks for showing

Best phil

privy probing

Hi Phil, Thanks and yes finding them is the fun. Up till a few years back, I used to probe to find the privies behind older homes. when probing you use a long spring steel rod with a tee handle welded on. When you find a privy your probe will go easily into the ground. Hard work but some of them had hundreds of bottles. Also collect glass telegraph and telephone insulators. Don't much go avidly after glass but do pick up an item or 2 time to time..Best Dano