What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some help with 8,8cm K-Flak casing

JohnR

I am looking to buy a 8,8cm K-Flak casing
The vendor says dimensions of the casing are 88x563mm?? I've found online that the dimensions should be 88x571mm. Is this right?
The case is absent primer but in good condition. What is the marketprice this case? Any answer would be much appreciated.

regards

88x563R is right. 88x571R are WW1 8,8 cm naval cases and the 2nd WW Flak cases. The value of an 88x563R is low. With some luck you find them below 20 € as there are many of them around in France & Belgium...

Yes, this small piece of information from Kaiserbunker.com is wrong. In 1st WW the 88x571R was used in the german Kriegsmarine only (8,8 cm S.K. L/45, 8,8 cm Marineflak i. M.P.L.). You will find all 88x563R cases having army acceptance stamps and all 88x571R's having Marine stamps (M+Crown). The 88x563R cases are for all types of army anti aircraft guns as they had the same barrels, not only the K-Flak, also O-Flak, etc.

To illustrate Alpini's explanations here are
on the left a 8,8 cm Spgr. L/3,7 with the Flak case and on the right a 8,8 cm Spgr. L/3,6 with the Marine case

Attachments

• 2_redimensionner.jpg
    2_redimensionner.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 65