What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some help..

Spgr30

Ordnance approved
hello,
I cannot find picture of "Stielhandgranate Friedrich 1916". It's a WWI percussion grenade and apparently hard to see! There is great information about it in the book Patrice Delhomme "Les grenades allemandes de la grande guerre" , some historical picture prsente it in soldiers'hand, but I've never seen it apart from that ...thank you for your help..

Attachments

• Friedrich Hgr.jpg
    Friedrich Hgr.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 50
I have found some info in some books I have on German grenades and have attached them. They are pdfs which I have compressed to fit as imaging the pages made them look pretty ordinary. Of interest is that the German book I took one of the pages from (Handgranaten-Atlas) had a different image from your one for the Friedrich grenade.

Leo

Attachments

• Stielhandgranate Friedrich.zip
    63 KB · Views: 64
  • Percussion stick grenade.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 44
Hello,
First picture above is not correct - this is one of the mistakes in Schmit-Tapkens' book. Here a picture from me:

Attachments

• 187.jpg
    187.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 78
Hello,
Thank you all for your interesting answer! I'm sure now that this grenade is really extremely rare...

stielhandgranate mit Fliehgewicht-Bz M16

This is the grenade. Maybe the head is not the right one, but the
stick is perfect.

Attachments

• germ stielhgr.mit Fliehgewicht-Bz M16_02.jpg
    germ stielhgr.mit Fliehgewicht-Bz M16_02.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 67
Hello,
very interesting picture! The stick seem to be right, in a very good condition, but, can you tell me if your grenade operate like the original (friedrich 1915)? have it the same mecanisme? Thank you very much for your answer!!!

Ciao,

the grenade it is not mine, I've found the picture just.
I think it have the same function as you can see at the second picture.

Attachments

• germ stielhgr.mit Fliehgewicht-Bz M16_02.jpg
    germ stielhgr.mit Fliehgewicht-Bz M16_02.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 35
Very enjoy of your last piscure Franscesco, thank you very much!! I send you a photo, just to see that this grenade might have different head.

Attachments

• stoss11_153.jpg
    stoss11_153.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 34
Hello,
First picture above is not correct - this is one of the mistakes in Schmit-Tapkens' book. Here a picture from me:

I think your Picture is Stielhandgranate August.
Do you have some thing or some good picture of the stielhandgranate 1916 and Friedrich.

I have found some info in some books I have on German grenades and have attached them. They are pdfs which I have compressed to fit as imaging the pages made them look pretty ordinary. Of interest is that the German book I took one of the pages from (Handgranaten-Atlas) had a different image from your one for the Friedrich grenade.

Leo
as i think ,your Stielhandgranate Friedrich looks like Stielhandgranate 1916,
Are they the same?
thank you!

Sthg 16

Hi,
Friedrich is a percusion grenade, August is a time automatic fuse grenade and the Sthg 16 is a time fuze one only!
Best regards
Sprg30

Attachments

• STHG 1916.jpg
    STHG 1916.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 14
  • AUGUST 1916 A.JPG
    AUGUST 1916 A.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 19
I think your Picture is Stielhandgranate August.
Do you have some thing or some good picture of the stielhandgranate 1916 and Friedrich.
No no... August has stick of aluminized cardboard; there is no percussion blasting, just automatic ignition upon throwing.
PS: What is the situation with grenade collecting in China?

No no... August has stick of aluminized cardboard; there is no percussion blasting, just automatic ignition upon throwing.
PS: What is the situation with grenade collecting in China?
stiel16autodraw.jpg
is this grenate August?
PS:I think onbody collected grenade in china, WWI is far away from us. the goverment forbids us to buy the thing of military,even forbids us to manufacture and sell imitation guns.

stiel16autodraw.jpg
is this grenate August?
PS:I think onbody collected grenade in china, WWI is far away from us. the goverment forbids us to buy the thing of military,even forbids us to manufacture and sell imitation guns.
Hi,
Yes, this and that photo right on post #12