What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some of my german fuses

satan18

Hear is a few of my examples of the German time delayed bomb fuses,which i am packing up for a term in storage pending a move.

My latest is this straight 17 with Running and strippable clocks with the correct 2L Verl pot.

There is some 17As 1940 pattern with all ally body.

Some emergency pattern 17As with the steel lower body.

Some 17as* with the slight modification on it.

There is one unmarked 17A with a single plunger,and a 17B all black and unmarked top.

Then there are two 17As with the plastic lower clock case.

All of these have no flash primer and are totally inert.

Attachments

• Elaz 17 anyone 002.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 002.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Elaz 17 anyone 005.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 005.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Elaz 17 anyone 006.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 006.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Elaz 17 anyone 008.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 008.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Elaz 17 anyone 001.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 001.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 76
Cor Blimey old friend! :p
It may grow again as soon as I get my goodie bag from Holland ;)
Very nice,I too have been a busy bee on the underground lately,so I can add to this thread as soon as my computer is fixed.

Best

Waff

Cor Blimey old friend! :p
It may grow again as soon as I get my goodie bag from Holland ;)
Very nice,I too have been a busy bee on the underground lately,so I can add to this thread as soon as my computer is fixed.

Best

Waff

Thanks Paul

Has taken a while but this is the only chance for a while to get the fuses together before packing them up.

Best phil

Last edited:
Very nice collection you have amassed there Phil, very interesting to see the different types all together.

You listed quite a number of variations in these, any chance of a photo shot of the fuze heads to show the different markings..........I remember you saying that the changes in the 17's occured in a very short space of time.

Congratulations on your latest addition - very nice early one!!.......and at least now you can keep coming back to this thread, to look at them while they are packed away.

kind regards Kev

Very nice collection you have amassed there Phil, very interesting to see the different types all together.

You listed quite a number of variations in these, any chance of a photo shot of the fuze heads to show the different markings..........I remember you saying that the changes in the 17's occured in a very short space of time.

Congratulations on your latest addition - very nice early one!!.......and at least now you can keep coming back to this thread, to look at them while they are packed away.

kind regards Kev

Thanks Kev
i will do some head shots and add them to this thread soon as they are going to be bubble wrapped for a while.

will be a pleasure

Best phil

Thanks Kev
i will do some head shots and add them to this thread soon as they are going to be bubble wrapped for a while.

will be a pleasure

Best phil

Thanks Phil,

Not too often you get to see such a nice selection of fuzes all in one go!!!! Love the transport cases too.

just think of all the fun you will have unwrapping them all again when the time comes !!!!

regards Kev

Thanks Phil,

Not too often you get to see such a nice selection of fuzes all in one go!!!! Love the transport cases too.

just think of all the fun you will have unwrapping them all again when the time comes !!!!

regards Kev

Will be like christmas all over again:tinysmile_grin_t:

Best phil

ZUs 40 with gaine;

Sir;
Can you give the membes close ups of the Zus40 with gaine attached. Showing side, top and bottom views?
You have a very nice collection and presented very nicely.
Regards,
John aka Bart

Sir;
Can you give the membes close ups of the Zus40 with gaine attached. Showing side, top and bottom views?
Regards,
John aka Bart

Thank you John

It will be a pleasure as i have had another member ask for some detail close ups and will do them all together and post asp.

All the best phil

kind regards Kev

Hear are some head shots for you kev,there is an unmarked 17A/or B but the weird thing is i beleive it is a B because of the difference in clocks although it has two plungers but are different metals so one could still be a dummy.
There is an RHS 1940 all ally Bodied 17A
and an emergency pattern with the steel body and identical headstamp.

The pitted one is 1942 and has plastic clock casings.

The all black one is 17a* in small stamps but has the all ally body.

Attachments

• Elaz 17 anyone 016.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 016.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Elaz 17 anyone 020.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 020.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Elaz 17 anyone 019.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 019.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Elaz 17 anyone 018.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 018.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Elaz 17 anyone 017.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 017.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 43
Sir;
Regards,
John aka Bart

Hi John

Hear are some close ups of the two variants i have of the Zus 40

one zinc version i have still allows a gaine to be inserted and the other is the bakelite version

Attachments

• Elaz 17 anyone 011.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 011.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Elaz 17 anyone 012.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 012.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Elaz 17 anyone 013.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 013.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Elaz 17 anyone 014.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 014.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Elaz 17 anyone 015.jpg
    Elaz 17 anyone 015.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 26
Hear are some head shots for you kev,there is an unmarked 17A/or B but the weird thing is i beleive it is a B because of the difference in clocks although it has two plungers but are different metals so one could still be a dummy.
There is an RHS 1940 all ally Bodied 17A
and an emergency pattern with the steel body and identical headstamp.

The pitted one is 1942 and has plastic clock casings.

The all black one is 17a* in small stamps but has the all ally body.

Hi Phil,

Thankyou for taking the time and trouble to post the head shots of these 17 fuzes. I am sure that others will also find the variety of these fascinating.....there appears to be a lot of varients in a short space of time, I can only imagine what the men of Bomb Disposal went through on uncovering yet another variation on the markings!!

re unmarked fuze? you say that this one may have a dummy plunger, I would think it is ; as all the 17 series circuits only ran off one plunger didn't they? Interesting that it is a different metal though!!

regards Kev

Could you advice me for price on this set, please?

Attachments

• DSC07368.jpg
    DSC07368.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC07369.jpg
    DSC07369.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC07370.jpg
    DSC07370.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 31
Hi Phil,

Thankyou for taking the time and trouble to post the head shots of these 17 fuzes. I am sure that others will also find the variety of these fascinating.....there appears to be a lot of varients in a short space of time, I can only imagine what the men of Bomb Disposal went through on uncovering yet another variation on the markings!!

re unmarked fuze? you say that this one may have a dummy plunger, I would think it is ; as all the 17 series circuits only ran off one plunger didn't they? Interesting that it is a different metal though!!

regards Kev

No Worries Kev.

There is definately one brass plunger and one that is nickel in colour.
Not sure which one is actully connected.

best phil

Well my old mucker,im pleased to report that my PC is fully operational so i can have a good goosey at your swag.
Hopefully when i install a few new programs,i can post a few shots of some new acquisitions of my own.

your mate

waff

Well my old mucker,im pleased to report that my PC is fully operational so i can have a good goosey at your swag.
Hopefully when i install a few new programs,i can post a few shots of some new acquisitions of my own.

your mate

waff

Good show bud:xd:

I am pleased to have been able to put this collection on display and have had some good feedback from one or two Members:wink:

When i move the Bomb casings i will get a group pic of them and who knows it might generate some more interest,(possibly).

Best phil