What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something a little different!

butterfly

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
If you, like me are a purist, then there is nothing worse than seeing a shell-case that has been ruined by being cut and bent into all wierd and wonderful shapes. However I grew up with these on the family mantlepiece and was only allowed to look and not touch. These two cases were brought back from the Great War by my grandfather, who served in Palestine with the Army Service Corps. I gather he drove an ammunition truck for a mobile Anti-aircraft gun, I have a few pictures which I will have to add at some stage. However, the story goes that he swapped a few cigs for the following two cases, and it is to these that I owe my intrest in collecting. I hope you enjoy the pictures and don't despair too much at the fact that they have been cut down. I'm sure they took considerable time to complete, and as they were hand done, there are minor differences. I think I would be correct in thinking that about this time there was great intrest in Egyption artifacts as the tombs were being uncovered.
Kev

HPIM4734.jpg HPIM4737.jpg HPIM4738.jpg HPIM4739.jpg HPIM4740.jpg

Thanks for your comments. I agree Dave, must have taken a long time, and to do two almost identical!!
Thought you guys might like to see some photos of the type of guns and the lorries my grandad was driving. Identification of the guns would be intresting, if anyone can help.
Thanks Kev.

HPIM4745.jpgHPIM4746.jpgHPIM4744.jpgHPIM4743.jpgHPIM4747.jpg