What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Source(s) of Replica WWII British 3” and 95mm Tank Howitzer Projectiles?

peregrinvs

I believe the real thing is unobtanium, so I was wondering if anyone is making replicas of the projectiles for empty case filling purposes? I don’t have the kit / expertise to make my own.

There is a French guy on the Forum called Pierre Henry who has a company called Micorem that makes cast resin projectiles for most large projectiles, ideal until the real thing turns up or if you need a few for a display which are really hard to get in quantity. There are other resin casters who make grenades, which are good display box fillers etc depends on what you want.

A good starting point is Dick Taylor's Firing Now!, subtitled Tank, Anti-Tank and Self-Propelled Artillery Ammunition UK and USA. There are large side-view graphics of both HE rounds, showing typical markings.

Thanks for the replies. Yes I’m aware of Milcorem and I own a copy of Firing Now. I suppose lookalikes could be made using a 3D printer, but I don’t have one.