What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soviet ww2 practise F-1 grenades.

wz.KC

Hi,

Find some time ago;
Two types - one dummy, one with two holes.

Regards.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 12
  • _MG_5800.jpg
    _MG_5800.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 12
  • _MG_5801.jpg
    _MG_5801.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 11
  • _MG_5802.jpg
    _MG_5802.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 11
F1 MKII Mills

Seeing this post brings but one thing to mind. The BIG THREE that have more than withstood the test of time. 1) The French F1 2) The US MKII 3) The Mills Bomb. These are the three that have stood a minimum of 50 years of service in one form or another and i'm sure there are a few others, and if I am remiss in mentioning any of them forgive me, but in my mind these are the BIG 3. My personal favorite is the French F1 (I guess it's because the US began throwing these when entering WWI ((late as that may have been)), and used by Russians, Belgians....yada yada yada. I have yet to get (at least a real good one) US MKII but may have a deal in the works. At different times I have had several US MKI'S but always had so much money in them, I had to sell as when I pay too much for anything I usually chuck it. I know for 50.00 or less one can find a really NICE F1 (defensive) and I cannot appreciate a grenade no matter how rare if in my own mind I paid too damn much money for it. I will have another MKI some day, but will FRY a good MKII first. Those of you whom are still awake thanks for listening peace out...Dano

In my opinion the first is a simply throwing-practice, the second is a pracitce (same as URG) wich used with only a fuze or a special fuze (with depleted charge).