What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spanish Star Pistol markings,

beihan62

Premium Member
I have a deactivated Spanish Star 9mm/380 automatic pistol,I have identified all the various proof,date,(1943 an N with a small wavy line above it) and acceptance stamps,the one that puzzles me is the stamp on the right side of the slide,there is the styalised Spanish Eagle with bow in left claw and arrows in right claw,eagle also has a halo,?,to the right of the Eagle is stamped,,,P.A.YDE T.I am assuming this is the particular unit/organisation the pistol was originally issued to,from those letters can someone tell me what this organisation was,sorry I can't post pics yet,
Many thanks,
Don,

I do know P.A. as marking on Spanish ammunition, Placencia de las Armas, now Soraluce.

Many thanks Hoeksel,in my research I had read that some pistols were stamped with the logo/crest of the unit/organisation to which pistol was originally issued,with your information I will be able to do some more research,again,many thanks,
Regards,
Don,

180920072317311.jpgCNP_Gris.jpgdescarga.jpg

Polica Armada y de Trfico (P.A. y de T) (Armed Police and traffic)

Regards from Spain

Last edited:
Pajarito,Many thanks,that has solved a mystery for me,and from your photo I have solved another puzzle,the right hand grip is as yours in the photo yet the left hand grip is shaped for the thumb,I assumed the right hand grip was mismatched and a replacement but your pics show it as correct,the date stamp (N with a wavy line above)would seem to equate to 1943,the serial number 10054 with no letter stamp would indicate an early model,
Again Pajarito,many thanks for your help,
Kind Regards,
Don,