What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splittermantel / fragmentation sleeve

MG34NZ

Greetings all, Heres a pic of the retaining clips I made for my fragmentation sleeve restoration. The ones on the frag sleeve I made by hand , they were a pig to make but look the part, I copied them from originals on another sleeve I have.
The stockpile are pressed from a die I mucked around making and if spot welded onto your relic sleeve will make for superb replacements
If you want some of these let me know and we can work something out

MG34NZ

Attachments

• IMGP0290 (Custom).JPG
    IMGP0290 (Custom).JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMGP0291 (Custom).JPG
    IMGP0291 (Custom).JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 52
Well done Andrew, as all your work is. I pressed a few for myself with a small tool I made some years ago and can tell it takes some time before you have a few goods made.

Thank you Reino, Indeed there is a lot more to pressing them than you would think, I had to experiment a bit and managed to make a few duds before getting things right!

Hey:
Very nice work Andrew. I guess that if a collector needs one or more for restore his frag ring you could sell them to that collector, Im right?

Hey:
Very nice work Andrew. I guess that if a collector needs one or more for restore his frag ring you could sell them to that collector, Im right?

Hi Miguel, Yes they are available if required so dont hesitate to ask.
Best regards
Andrew MG34NZ