What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SS Totenkopf Insignia Patch.

Jagd301

This was an item which came with a WW2 ATS girls medals, letters, photos and other personal effects. It was obviously a souvenir given or sent to her by one of her many WW2 forces admirers (she had about six writing to her throughout!). What id like to know is the colour of the patch because its been in the open in an attic for years or were there different types? I know this is an SS Totenkopf "Death Head" insignia patch and that they were first formed as a guard unit for the concentration camps and later were formed into a fighting unit where they fought tenaciously and suffered very heavy losses. Does this patch look right? As i say it came with the period items and was inside one of the letters which carried no reference to it so would like some input from anyone on BOCN whos into this kind of thing. Regards, Tim.

Attachments

• Totenkopf One..jpg
    Totenkopf One..jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Totenkopf Reverse..jpg
    Totenkopf Reverse..jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 17
Im pinching your pics mate to ask some of the lads on another site im on.

cheers

waff

Cheers mate thats diamond of ya! That patch came in box containing the girls medals, letters, photos, and loads of other personal items. She was pretty fit bird mate and i can see why all these guys were after her. It seems one of em gave her more than just a goodnight kiss as there is a maternity services receipt included (back before the days of the NHS) and her service book states she had to leave ATS for Pesonal Reasons. Its a great little collection and can only assume the SS patch was sent to her by a boyfriend or admirer-as her letters have six different authors-all madly professing their undying love for her. Her name was Lilly Medhurst and at the time she was 24 and living in Kent. Cheers mate, Tim.

Crikey! sounded like a 'popular' girl! :p
Will be back to you with results asap buddy.

best

waff

Just had a gander at your collection mate! Very nice and i like the bomb you got lol! What size is it? Is it an SC250 or 50 kilo? Dont see may of them around. I once had huge Lufftwaffe relic collection, some very nice bits inc a BF109G5 R-2 propeller hub and reduction gear it was complete with the cannon barrell through the middle too sold it for 1500. Also had a 20mm MG151 cannon minus the barrel! Just would not have had room for it now im married so had to scale back down and stick to ordnance which ive been fascinated with since i was about 8. Cheers mate.