What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stokes Mortar

An up date on the stokes Pistol leaver i have just finished making one it took me all this morning but i am well pleased with the out come.
Andy

Attachments

• P1040728.jpg
    P1040728.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 58
  • P1040729.jpg
    P1040729.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 55
  • P1040730.jpg
    P1040730.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 52
  • P1040731.jpg
    P1040731.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 62
  • P1040732.jpg
    P1040732.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 58
Hi Ed, the one you sent didn't work out right so will use it on an section mills i am working on, in the end i had to make one from scratch.
Andy

no worries, it was worth a punt!

cheers for the baseplate it arrived today and finishes my gren nicely!

Hi, Yes it had crossed my mind but for the time it took me, it would be end up being very expencive i would have to see if i can come up with a quicker way of doing it.
Cheers
Andy

Just thought i would show you all the a couple of original Augmenting charges I have for the stokes and a couple I have made.
Andy

Attachments

• P1040751.jpg
    P1040751.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 35
  • P1040752.jpg
    P1040752.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 27
I know I have already said this but you really should go into business doing this sort of thing Andy,you certainly have a flare for it

Cheers
Tony

Thanks Tony thats very kind of you to say that, i do like restoring and making stuff.
Cheers
Andy

Another update i have just finished sectioning another stokes and thought i would show it.
Andy

Attachments

• section stokes.jpg
    section stokes.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 89
Thanks Jan, i am not sure if i should fill it in to look like the explosive filling or leave it empty.
Cheers
Andy

Yes the more i look at it i think i will leave it as it is, i do have a inert det and fuze to go inside the det tube, do you now if they had a transit cap where the pistol screws on?
Andy

I was wondering if anyone has the dimensions of the 3" stokes.
I am thinking of making a 1:6 scale model but can't find any technical drawings on the web.

Bern

Hi Bern, I can measure mine for you, let me know what you need and will try and help.
Cheers
Andy

Andy,
Thank you for such a quick and helpful reply.

My mine problem is trying to work out the following:
a) Length and thickness of the bipod legs.
b) Length & thickness of the threaded elevation adjustment (vertical) rod
c) Width & thickness of the traverse adjustment (horizontal) rod

I have also estimated the following which I wonder if you could check for me please:
Tube - 48" x 3 3/4" Dia
Overall height of the bipod at vertical - 4ft 6"
Bipod width (gap between the feet) - 34"
Base plate - 15" x 15"

Incidentally when my 6th scale model is done I'd be happy to send an example to you as a "Thank You".
I've attached a photo of a Bren gun I've recently finished to give an idea of what I do.
If you would like this just pm me.

Many thanks,
Bern
006.JPG

I think we have our wires crossed i only have the stokes mortar bomb, not the tube and legs i do have a handbook in PDF file if you give me a PM with your email i can send it to you. nice model of the bren by the way well done.
Cheers
Andy