What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stoneleigh

Todays Stoneliegh !

so there are photo's :xd: this will be fun :nerd:

So here are a few pictures from today showing just a few of the sort of items for sale, many stalls had a few items on them so I have pictured the larger more "Ordnance" based stalls.
My great thanks go to Ffjordhouse (Ben) for the item I purchased from him today at what I consider to be a very fair price, nice to conduct business with a "gentleman" who really knows his subject.

One for the modellers too !

Attachments

• S 1.jpg
    S 1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 139
  • S 2.jpg
    S 2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 123
  • S 3.jpg
    S 3.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 121
  • S 4.jpg
    S 4.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 126
  • S 6.jpg
    S 6.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 123
  • S 7.jpg
    S 7.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 116
  • S 5.jpg
    S 5.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 106
What's that large iron ball on the end of a rod at the top-right of Photo 1?
I remember lifting it and thinking 'Heavy'.

Anyway, a great day out at Stonleigh today. Met Spotter, Ben & Chris.
Many thanks, Alan, for the lift to Coventry Station - very much appreciated. Got a really nice 17Bm fuze (and a number of other things) from Ben. Also found (thank for the tip-off, Spotter) a Polish dealer flogging F1 and other types of Polish training grenades 10 each.

Tony

Late back from Holiday, missed the event....gutted !! :tinysmile_cry_t4:
Rich

Ben, you have to explain us in what Supermarket you buy your items, Spar, Lidl, Carrefour, etc... Thanks for pics Chris 42 RQ, they are very frustrating for me here in Spain, but very nice to see them anyway.

Last edited:
What's that large iron ball on the end of a rod at the top-right of Photo 1?
I remember lifting it and thinking 'Heavy'.

Anyway, a great day out at Stonleigh today. Met Spotter, Ben & Chris.
Many thanks, Alan, for the lift to Coventry Station - very much appreciated. Got a really nice 17Bm fuze (and a number of other things) from Ben. Also found (thank for the tip-off, Spotter) a Polish dealer flogging F1 and other types of Polish training grenades 10 each.

Tony

Hi Tony. That heavy item is known as a 'Toffee-Apple' bomb perhaps?? I think its ww1? Not sure what the proper name for it is but i know the smaller version came back North with me for a customer. ;)

best

waff

British 2 inch medium mortar 1st war 42Lb bomb, nicknamed toffee apple or plum pudding bomb, I picked it up too, quite heavy empty.
Below is a pic of a training version being loaded.

Attachments

• toffee.jpg
    toffee.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 22
Had ro add this one too... fancy playing cards anyone ? :wink:

Attachments

• ToffeeAppleBombs1916.jpg
    ToffeeAppleBombs1916.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 43
Had a great time at stoneleigh on sunday was only about a 3 hour journey each way so not to bad was a bit worrying when we were driving up as it started to snow.

Met up with a few Bocn members, Spotter, Fjordhouse, F0031, Nismosonic,
if i have missed anybody out i am sorry.

Got some great bits for my collection bazooka related obveously and also my 7 1/2 month old baby jessica got her first ever bit for her collection kindly given to her from ben cheers mate.
Theres a picture of her below theres some more pics of her here with it http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?t=69723.

Also enjoyed ben telling us about waffs little run in with the hot sauce from hell wish i had been there to see it you recovered yet waff ?

from bazooka chris

Attachments

• 704.jpg
    704.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 30
Only the chapped/burnt lips remain buddy. Apart from that,im tip-top! ;)

Looks like Beltring is our next meet pal?

waff

Only the chapped/burnt lips remain buddy. Apart from that,im tip-top! ;)

Looks like Beltring is our next meet pal?

waff

Glad your recovering mate yes will be at beltring but theres a malvern first in march if your doing that again ?

from bazooka chris

Did anyone see the box of S-Mines at the show. very nice but at 700 declined the offer but found more intresting details and info about S-Mines, which was a bonus.

Beltring hear we come :xd:and just to update i am officially booked in and
ready to eat dust

Same here matey!

Hell week of walking miles,humping rounds up and down the site for customers,'squaddie-shower' to keep clean and kipping in the back of a van.. I cant wait!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

best
waff

Did anyone see the box of S-Mines at the show. very nice but at 700 declined the offer but found more intresting details and info about S-Mines, which was a bonus.

Yes,saw them but didnt ask the price.
What do you reckon would have been a fair price Chris?
Always good to know.
:)
best

waff

Usualy you find these mines in boxes made up from other S-Mines found here and there but these were all the same batch in their original box as found in very good condition. If i had the dosh i would have had them but i haven't won the lottery yet. Like i said i did find out some intresting info thats been a bit of a puzzle for a while, hopefully the info was correct.