What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange bottle Gas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maarten

A friend of me was metal detecting and he found a pit with gasmask filters and the orange and brown bakelite decontamination bottles.

But there were also two stone bottles with some kind of gas in it, and when he opened one of the bottles it directly irritated his eyes.

Does anyone here can tell me what stuff is in this bottle and where it was used for?

Maarten, Hopefully it was only ammonia, this or something similar was used to test Gas Masks to ensure a good seal.

Richard

Carefull

Maarten,

If your friend found them in Holland then you better inform the police.
Maybe there's more stuff around. The stuff inside is not so dangerous that it will kill you but you can get very red eyes of it and crying for a week.
If you read the label you no where they used it for.

Chris

I cannot read on the paper where they are used for just how to use it.

Do you know what is inside the bottle Chris?

stone bottles

yes from what i can read from the label on the bottle its a kind of test chemical for gas mask but i can not make out what kind of gas was inside !!

wbr David

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.