What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Rare!!! Boomerang Stick Grenade

jeeeensy

Ha! thought that would get you attetntion :wink:

Have a few of these and they often are the topic of conversartion so i thought i'd post one of them.

lake recovered and inert of course, looked great when first surfaced,,,but in the post it dried out and arrived like this :tinysmile_cry_t4:

regards nick,

Attachments

• P4120005.JPG
    P4120005.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 154
Wow! Boomerang stick grenade... really rare piece. Maybe got warped since it was exposed to moisture as it was lake recovered.

Or maybe it was designed weapon to inflict the thrower self destruction? hehehe...:)

cheers

I found some wooden Austrian sticks grenades in an Italian cave. Extremely
wet but managed to safe the wooden handles by putting them in a plastic
bag and once home sprayed them extensively with Ballistol. The water
disappeared and the oil took over the cell structure thus leaving the
handles fully intact and preserved.

Perhaps you should put the handles back in to the water and start the
conservation process from scratch? Just a thought.

Regards, Jan

Seriously,
I once got a few German M24 sticks that had been buried in a wet soil, driven over with a tank or so, dug-up and dried - they were totally flat.

I soaked them for several days in water with some alcohol added ( to help water better soak in the wood ). After that I forced a round steel rod of the same diameter as bore in stick all the way thru, wrapped a lot of strong glass fibre tape around and let them slowly dry for some weeks. After that they were back in shape.

You might try the same.

All of you are wrong. That one is part of an experimental project done by the Germans in the last weeks of the war. It consists in throw the grenade in horizontal way for knock off the enemy first and after kill them by the explosion.... :tongue:

All BS'ing aside I think that has to be one of the coolest example of a relic stick grenade i've seen. I would display it with pride in my collection. WOW...Dano

They even made a special rifle to match these stick grenades (or perhaps the other way around).

Regards, Jan

Attachments

• mp44.jpg
    mp44.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 16