What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switches - a request for information

Bonnex

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
The photograph shows three variations of the No 5 pressure switch (standard, automatic, delayed automatic). If readers have any unusual British switches, photographs or written documentation on switches outside the regular issued range (Nos 1 to 16) I would be very pleased to hear about it. The information would be used in support of historical research.

Only, or likely, British/Commonwealth please.

Many thanks,

Last edited:
Norman,

Whilst I'm familiar with the standard No. 5, the other two are new to me. What is meant by "Automatic" and "Delayed, Automatic"?

Regards

Tim.

Norman,

What appears to be an Instructional No. 6 and plan and elevation views of an unknown switch body. The countersunk hole is threaded.

Regards

Tim.

Attachments

• rqq0014.jpg
    rqq0014.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 62
  • rqq0013.jpg
    rqq0013.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 62
  • rqq0012.jpg
    rqq0012.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 55
Unknown Switch Body

Many thanks Tim, just the sort of variation that I am interested in. I have no idea what it is but I will file it until an ID is forthcoming.

Correct me where I am wrong, but isn't that the centre piece of a No. 5 pressure switch??

Daryll, MCLMM,

Thanks. I'd been sorting through a selection of switches (No No.5s) and seeing the 'centre piece' out of context, I thought I'd found a hitherto unidentified switch - alas not.

Regards.

Tim. G.

No 5

Blush. Many thanks Darryl. You know when something looks familiar but...

I know what you mean, I looked at it and said "I've seen that before" Took a while for the wheels to get up to speed but they finally clicked:xd: