What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T1026E1 Grenade Fuze

EODGUY

What "grenade" did this fuze go with? Considering the design it must be for a submunition, but I have no reference to the T number. The drawing it came from is dated April 1958.

Attachments

• T1026E1 Grenade fuze.jpg
    T1026E1 Grenade fuze.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 99
The object on which this fuze is placed rotates around it's longitudal axis; this is required to arm the rotor from safe to armed.

I wouldn't think it was from a gernade either, but this is cropped from an official government technical drawing and it was labeled Grenade Fuze. There were a couple of drawings in the series, all labeled the same so it was not an error in name on one drawing. My only thought is that is was for some sort of submuniton which in some circles are called "grenades". Still scratching my head!

By the drawing, the fuze arms once the safety wire is removed, forcing the spring (seen compressed in both side drawings) in the striker cap outward, and withdrawing the firing pin from the rotor. The rotor then has to rotate 90 degrees (most likely by spring action, notice the cut in the rotors' bottom on the bottom side drawing) to align with the firing pin. I can't tell if it is required to function by impact (most likely) or impact inertia. All-ways acting impact (no matter which way it lands) might be accomplished by the fuze body being in an oval shape, but I doubt it. I agree with sub-munition because of the arming wire. Regards, Bruce.

Last edited:
Looks like an old fuze for a 40mm grenade.

Maybe a M551?

Mark

Last edited: