What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T13 Beano Question Unmarked Fuze??

Kilroy was Here

Here's a few photos of a T13 beano I recently added to the collection.

I think the questions I asked below in the "Tip Offs" section thread might be better answered here in the "Grenade" section.
Here is the "tip offs" thread below if you want to see it...there are also a few more pics of this Beano there

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threa...-real-quot-Beano-on-Ebay.?p=198508#post198508

THE QUESTIONS: Does anyone know why this particular T13 fuze is completely unmarked? no EKC or T5...nothing

Has anyone else seen another unmarked T13 beano fuze?? ........ all fuzes I've seen were marked

Could it maybe be an early prototype fuze? or maybe one of the experimental fuzes from when they were trying to modify the fuzes to make them a bit safer?

The seller said his Grandfather worked at Eastman-Kodak, so the grenade and fuze I'm sure must have come direct from EKC.

Any comments or thoughts from the Beano experts will be appreciated..... thanks in advance for any help.....
BTW, this fuze screws in clockwise as normal...I have heard some Beano fuzes had counter clockwise threads?

Attachments

• PB190011.jpg
    PB190011.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 24
  • PB190012.jpg
    PB190012.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 23
  • PB190013.jpg
    PB190013.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 21
  • PB190017.jpg
    PB190017.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 23
  • PB190016.jpg
    PB190016.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 29
  • PB190034.jpg
    PB190034.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 33
  • PB190024.jpg
    PB190024.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 22
  • PB190015.jpg
    PB190015.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 21
  • PB190026.jpg
    PB190026.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 25
  • PB190022.jpg
    PB190022.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 22
Steve,

The UK isn't exactly awash with Beanos but of those that I have seen here about half had plain bodies and half were marked. Three unmarked ones I saw recently had Bakelite booster cups which I think dropped out of the design, in favour of aluminium, before or during the early stages of the T5E2. Two Beanos with a Lot No EKC 9 had marked fuzes with aluminium booster cups. I'm not sure that is much help but at least you know that other unmarked fuze bodies exist.

Steve,

The UK isn't exactly awash with Beanos but of those that I have seen here about half had plain bodies and half were marked. Three unmarked ones I saw recently had Bakelite booster cups which I think dropped out of the design, in favour of aluminium, before or during the early stages of the T5E2. Two Beanos with a Lot No EKC 9 had marked fuzes with aluminium booster cups. I'm not sure that is much help but at least you know that other unmarked fuze bodies exist.

Thanks Bonnex for sharing the info that you know and have seen, it's much appreciated. I've now at least learned more about these grenades than I did before I asked, so yes....you've been quite helpful.... Now I know that there were also bakelite booster cups, marked and unmarked fuze bodies, and there were also EKC 9 lot numbers.
I'm a little bit disappointed my fuze doesn't have the nice EKC T5 markings on it, but as the "Glimmer Twins" wrote over 40 years ago..."you can't always get what want" :tinysmile_twink_t2:

It would be good to maybe have a specific T13 beano thread, or T13 beano "sticky" (if that's what it's called) so that everyone who has one, or has pictures of one of these could add to, to form some type of data base of information and photos for these odd grenades.......

I've got some museum photos of a few unusually marked and developmental Beanos that I will add to the grenade photo thread this weekend. I've been intentionally keeping Rick (Ordnance) waiting, but this will be a good lead in.