What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T59 Nuclear Dummy Bomb

ordnance

Premium Member
I was scanning some photos today and found these prints I took about 20 years ago. This bomb was outside the EOD unit at Ft. Douglas, Utah in Salt Lake City.

At the time, I was told it was found at Wendover, Nevada where the B-29 crews did some of their training. The Ft. Douglas facility is no longer an active base and I think the bomb eventually wound up at the Hill Air Force Base up the road in Ogden.

This was a very impressive practice bomb to see displayed outside the unit, about 5 feet in diameter and 9 or 10 feet long. Any other survivors known out there?

Attachments

• Ft. Douglas Nuke 1.jpg
    Ft. Douglas Nuke 1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Ft. Douglas Nuke 2.jpg
    Ft. Douglas Nuke 2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Ft. Douglas Nuke 3.jpg
    Ft. Douglas Nuke 3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Ft. Douglas Nuke 4.jpg
    Ft. Douglas Nuke 4.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 64
Nice pics Rick. Thanks for posting them. Did they have the German Chemical bombs by the front door when you were there?

I trained on the 3B trainer for this huge weapon. It didn't stay in service for long.
John