What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Television Show "EOD procudure"...........

DEADLINE222

I have waited so long to present this segment to you all, and see what you have to say.

The television show was called "Sons of Guns" and aired on the Discover Channel for several years, and was recently cancelled.

In these two videos they remove a suspected, live 75mm M48 projectile from the barrel of a FV101 Scorpion's 76mm tube.

I watched this show when my brain needed to be instantaneously transformed into a pile of mush.

ENJOY! :smile:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlsNVqd3D0M

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opC_9eDtdMw

Last edited:
So, beside them being stupid, is it really that easy to push a round out of the barrel like that? I would think it would be incredibly heard to do. Also how would the round get stuck like that?...

I think the shell was only just lodged in the rifling.

I hink he should have said "treat everything like its live, until it blows up" SAFETY FIRST, COOL!

I think the projectile was simply sitting inside the barrel and every, single aspect of this segment was meant to put the likes of teenagers on the edge of their seats.

I would imagine that a shell requiring two large men to strain while pushing it out would be the victim of oxidization or at least show some sort of rifling engagement markings on the rotating band.

I have the strong idea that it is all a set up just to fill air time. Still; one is airing a bad example of how NOT to act.

Regards, DJH

Some comments !
1 : a 75mm How in a 76mm gun can't be hard stranded in the barrel ! Why do you think that we can never see the driving band ? Because the shell was NOT in the grooves of the barrel !
Why do you think that there is always a hand ont the band so that you can't see it ? Hmmm ?
2 : if I see correctly, there is no priming cap on the case ! Strange, isn't it ?
3 : who has tried (and succesfully) to disassemble a fresh unscrewed time fuze in two parts only with his two hands ?

Only propaganda videos !

The only problem I have with those vid's is that another team of do-it-yourselfers can take these vids as true and should try to do it in real ! With all the dangers.......

Yoda

Last edited: