What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That is actually funny

Foolish and not well thought out. That will cause big problems in the US. Definitely not funny.

That would again boil down to what it always boils down to .... an adult failing to unload and not properly storing a firearm. Keeping firearms comes with responsibility. Iff one can't handle that responsibility, one should not (be allowed to) keep firearms.

Last edited:
Under American law, I believe that item would be considered an "Attractive Nuisance", similar to an unsecured pool that the neighbor child fails to recognize as someone else's property and then trespasses.

One would have to purchase a completely new set of accessories to mount on the Legotinny rail system........ But, changing from one to another should be a snap!

Under American law, I believe that item would be considered an "Attractive Nuisance", similar to an unsecured pool that the neighbor child fails to recognize as someone else's property and then trespasses.

I don't believe that there is any Federal / "American Law" on any such subject, so this would be a State issue and would vary greatly from location to location. Typically, Eastern States (and California) would see see it as more of a social responsibility, Western States more of an individual rights issue. Population density is frequently a factor affecting everything. Too many stupid people in one location and you need to regulate.

Lego is just a company that ripped off the idea of connecting bricks to make toys. Sure the size, material and connections may be different but I played with "BUILD-A-BRIX" or some similar name circa 1960 and they were a hard plastic . Great fun connecting them to make garages for toy cars. You would think they invented the toy.

Lego, Lego bricks - 1947

Playmate Toys, Bilda-brix circa 1953. Interesting thing about them is that they were apparently designed around architectural dimensions - [FONT=&amp]"[/FONT]Each full block of bricks is actually a wall portion that is three brick lengths long and one and a half brick lengths wide[FONT=&amp]."
[/FONT]

http://www.collectingbooksandmagazines.com/bilda.html

TimG

Last edited:
Tim
You made me feel old by reminding me of this great toy. Absolutely the same one.
I remember the sloping tiles, white roof tiles, flag poles but only had the cheapest version. I could not build the house. Thanks for the memory and the great advert. Ron.

Ron
Nah, you didn't played with those as they were only for "good" gals & boys!!! LOL

BILDA-BRIX."For GOOD Girls and Boys"

:bigsmile:

I had this kind - non weopans grade ~

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.51.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 10.51.49 PM.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 16