What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The coolest hat in the world

Slick

Just got this in the mail. The awesomeness is evident. A huge thanks to Taber and his lovely bride.

IMG_0800 (552x800).jpg IMG_0801 (758x800).jpgIMG_0802 (800x594).jpg

Oh, and the OrdHut.com site is there, but inactive, so don't send any money for anything listed. It's all a bit out of date.

Just be careful where you wear it. There are more then a few folks out there that are sensitive to people wearing the badge that were not awarded it. There is much more sensitivity over this badge than many of the others and sometimes people get carried away.

I just responded to an e-mail from work where the author wanted to rip the shirt off an individuals back - this guy was a Walt, but the feeling is out there and it is easy to get caught in an awkward situation while being innocent of any ill intent. Better off warned. Sorry about the BK -

Jeff

Can I wear this one? IMG_0803 (600x800).jpg These guys are badder. In a most honorable presentation, this was given to me by an A-Team. TYVM

I know you might recognize me from SLICS and pics hereabouts, but you don't really KNOW me. Rest assured, I'm no Walt. I, too, have friends in low places.

Rick

Jolly

A Walt, in this context, is a poseur, attempting to gain from claims of association with anything military. Usually SEAL, SF or MOH awardees.

Jeff

Can I wear this one? View attachment 72117 These guys are badder. In a most honorable presentation, this was given to me by an A-Team. TYVM

I know you might recognize me from SLICS and pics hereabouts, but you don't really KNOW me. Rest assured, I'm no Walt. I, too, have friends in low places.

Rick

Easy Rick, you're reading between the lines and responding to a message that was not there. No accusations, no admonishment, simply a caution that some folks could see it and take it the wrong way. I'm suprised that Taber did not mention the same. I was just noting that I had just seen some heated e-mails on a related subject - here is a sanitized piece from one - one of the more calm and reasonable ones. I'm not comparing you to others, but simply cautioning that you could be confronted. Wear what you want, I'm old enough to be be past most of the hot blooded responses, but felt that a friendly (?) caution might be appropriate. Sorry if it was taken the wrong way.

"By the way, I attached a photofrom out local xx folks. This has me pretty pissed off. Also the last xx that was here was boasting prior AF EOD, wearing a crab onhis hat. When I confronted his past, he has no answers. Bunch ofimpersonators/phonies/whatever you may want to call them.
Any plans at HQ levelto put an end to the disrespect and blatant lying ?"

W= W****R
A= Acting
L=Like A
T=True
S=Soldier
If your on Facebook check out The Walt Mitty Hunters Club. I wouldnt worry about wearing a hat there's far worse and some very disrespectful people on there

Jody is the guy that steals the girl friend or wife of a serviceman. Cheers, Bruce.

A couple of my favorite hats.

Attachments

• hats.jpg
    hats.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Single.jpg
    Single.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 10
  • busy.jpg
    busy.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 10
Thanks Bruce,it was a term I have not heard before,I agree with Hazord about the chainsaw,as long as it was done slowly,I like the caps Hazord,very nice,
Cheers,
Don,