What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The history of SD-1

C00Lib1N

Good day to all!
Began to write an article on SD-1, and after processing a small amount of material available and the help of some members of the forum have any questions, especially the "origin" and the evolution of the most bombs.

I see it like this:
1. The original French cluster bomb mod.1927. Special features: a stabilizer of the non-ferrous alloys, color-coding on the housing, brass nose fuze.

2. In 1940 the Germans were extracted with trophies this bombs. Bombs seemed successful, and they come into service under SD-1(f). Fuse - A.Z.73B (???????).

3. At the same time the Germans to develop "their" version - on the basis of 5cm W.Gr.36, as a combat version and learning. In just a few years WW2 will be tried out several options - the different stabilizer(i know 2 wariants) and head fuses(5 variants A.Z.73 A*). Designation - SD-1.

4. By the middle of WW2 reserves "established" French cluster AB exhausted and the Germans have established their production on the basis of the same 50mm mortar mines by the French mod.1935. Typical signs - steel tail and a new A.Z.73 B2. Designation - SD-1frz.

This is all the rights of my thoughts! Comments, corrections, errors - are required!:)

Who can help?

Attachments

• title.jpg
    title.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 100
Good day to all!
I see it like this:
1. The original French cluster bomb mod.1927.

Who can help?

I always understood these were French Pnuematic mortar bombs re-used as a cluster bomb, with a new fuze. Was that wrong?

John