What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lanz ammunition

Very nice!

Does someone know the correct and original color for Lanz Minen? Where they painted black or fieldgray?

field-grey

Jens, The only Lanz Wurfmine i've ever seen for sale was painted field-grey, but I was in serious doubt of originality of paint as it just looked "too good" and was obviously a re-paint. What was original color. Well I assumed field-grey, but not 100% sure on that. Could find no other info. In the old pics none are in color so no help there. I would also be interested in knowing which color was actually original. Dano

I got one of them (I think they are quite rare) and painted it black some years ago. After looking on some old pics I am not sure about that color anymore. In some pics they look like fieldgrey. Maybe...

Where did you saw one for sale? Price? ;)

one high priced shell (overpriced)

Show of Shows, Louisville Kentucky USA in about year 2000. Price 1200.00us...Dano

My old Lanz

Now in the Liberty Memorial Museum, Kansas

The platform has original German green, same as on helmets, gas mask tins etc, flat and dull. The metal parts are black. I cannot be sure if that is original, but it might well be. I may have another better image someplace.

Attachments

• LanzM.W..jpg
    LanzM.W..jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 29
Lanz color

I have one with original paint, it is the light grey green Feld Grau. The paint is semi gloss. Probably this color changed during the war from light to dark and back again...........

I have one with original paint, it is the light grey green Feld Grau. The paint is semi gloss. Probably this color changed during the war from light to dark and back again...........

quite possibly,weve had these discussions on paint before.

Loads of diffrent factors can change the shade of paint over a period of time.

I would look at some images of a few and go for a happy 'in between' shade.

If your restoring this please post some images,we'd love to see them

regards