What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE SCANDALOUS GIFT : President SARKOZY gives a German PANTHER Tank to King Abdul

kz11gr

Hello

In France , on the forum and the medias the scandalous new buzzes .

Sarkozy offers a WW2 Panther Tank to King Abdullah of Jordan

http://www.arrse.co.uk/current-affa...rs-ww2-panther-tank-king-abdullah-jordan.html

http://www.arrse.co.uk/current-affa...-ww2-panther-tank-king-abdullah-jordan-2.html

:motz:

=========

e4c36335626f4bd6a8e251418addc318.jpg

Last edited:
His Majesty King Abdullan II was in charge of the Jordanian Armored Corps before becoming the King of Jordan. He loves History and in particular Armor. I cannot think of a more responsible person to donate this beautiful tank to. It will be respected and loved in its new home. I know for a fact that His Majesty had been in contact with Libyan authorities about recovering German tanks left in the desert after WWII. I do not however know if anything came of that. I personally have seen many wrecked tanks that were recovered from Iraq after the first Gulf War and transported to Jordan. While certainly the loss of such a wonderful and historical tank as the Panther must sting to the people of France, believe me, it has gone to perhaps the greatest enthusiast of Armor possible. It has truly found a place of respect in Jordan.

His Majesty King Abdullan II was in charge of the Jordanian Armored Corps before becoming the King of Jordan. He loves History and in particular Armor. I cannot think of a more responsible person to donate this beautiful tank to. It will be respected and loved in its new home. I know for a fact that His Majesty had been in contact with Libyan authorities about recovering German tanks left in the desert after WWII. I do not however know if anything came of that. I personally have seen many wrecked tanks that were recovered from Iraq after the first Gulf War and transported to Jordan. While certainly the loss of such a wonderful and historical tank as the Panther must sting to the people of France, believe me, it has gone to perhaps the greatest enthusiast of Armor possible. It has truly found a place of respect in Jordan.

Of course he wanted to get some tanks back after Desert Storm. After recovering so many crates of "farm implements" from Iraqi APC's that were dated as shipped from Jordan AFTER the embargo, I'm sure he'd want something back. Oh, the crates were full of 60mm WP rounds, HE rounds and small arms. Sweet guy, that one. Bruce.

King Abdulla II was a major General in the Jordanian Army during Desert Storm. His father King Hussain was the leader of Jordan. Jordan has 0 oil. All of its oil and gasoline come from Iraq. Do any of you really think they could have joined in a war to destroy the government that supplies them with oil? Would any of you do such a stupid thing? Any Soveriegn leaders responsibility is to his country, not the US, not the UK. King Hussain allowed Iraqi jets to land in his country and held them and their pilots until the end of the war. During the second Gulf war, when His Majesty King Abdullah II was in charge, he allowed US missle batterys on Jordanian soil in the event Saddam launched Scuds against Isreal. Had that happened, those disabled Scuds would have dropped onto Jordanian soil. Speak not ill of people you do not know.

Years ago, back in my shootin' range days, the Jordanian Ambassador to the U.S. attended a shootin' fest at my place. As a guest of one of the MG owners. He was very familiar with Class 3 weapons, having knowledge above the norm. My understanding, and impression, is the Jordanians are good allies of the U.S., UK, et al.

Maybe we ought not be talking politics hereabouts.

Sorry to talk politics, though finding those items will leave an impression not long forgotten. My humblest apologies. Bruce.

Last edited:
For information

French president Sarkozy dealed the Panther with Abdul for

5 Kebab Machines , two donkeys and a photo of Bin Laden in his bathroom

Doner_Kebab_Machine_WHOLESALE_ONLY.jpg

images

2527581412_OBLBurialatSea_xlarge.jpeg