What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thetford Militaria Fair Feb 23rd

hicky1300

Well decided to try to play with the pros/big boys!
Been to this fair a few times as it is only 1/2 hour from me.
Not a bad event - selection varies a lot but the quality is generally good (my opinion).
Prices generally seem a bit high, but I think this is as most of the sellers are trying to make a living out of it/overheads etc?
Anyway as I now seem to have a bit of a stockpile of surplus I have decided to try my hand as back home for the 1/2 term!
Unfortunately due to work & time constraints not in a position to offer much here or on SA/GunStar so decided this might be a good crack & I need the money/space ?
Any members that are not `moated` in that care to visit would be good to meet?
Go to milweb events for opening times (I think it is 10 for buyers).

Well - fairly successful day.
Didn`t seem to sell much by quantity but certainly was financially worthwhile.
I had the most Ordnance related items & it was busier than the last Fair with more sellers & buyers attending - still room for at least 6+ more sellers though I would say.
Will do this again as worth it in time & effort.
Learnt a lot from the experience & I would say that the more diverse the range of items on offer then the more buyers are attracted to your stall.
Had some interesting chats both with buyers & other traders. Had several traders wanting me to look out for particular items whilst I am in Belgium!!
Not worth travelling more than an hour though to try his method of shifting surplus gear unless you are trying to make a living from it! So I am lucky Thetford is only 1/2 hour away.

It was good to see you there, in fact it was only your post above that made me aware of the event. Thanks for my new additions, when I got home it occurred to me that I should have asked you if you had any 6 pdr stuff available.

Hi
Good to see you as well
I have more of the 75mm cases (only the WWI French ones) & some more 40mm/L60 cases spare. No 6 pounder - but will bear you in mind whilst back here in Belgium!!