What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is original?

Projectile itself is metal lathe machined fake.Detonator and casing is ok.

There has been many fakes in egun lately.All sellers have been from Austria.And propably same guy using many egun-ids.

Correct and all markings do not fit the actual item they are applied to + many other misfits.

Pity that the guy cannot just be up front & advertise as replcas - they are rather good on first glance!
Obviously not worth as much but to a collector with limited budget & not too interested in provenance then not a bad item, certainly looks the part! - just my thoughts!

Even with limited budget one should expect correctly reapplied markings and no air force markings on AA projectiles and the other way round. The 2ox110RR Oerlikon he is selling has a totally wrong projectile on since the Oerlikon one was much longer and differently shaped. His MK108 looked like a complete fake made on a lathe.

If you do not know what you are/should be looking at then how do you know if you are getting the `real deal`.
Today I saw a chrome plated (minus drive bands) 3.7 ap pojectile? of about 150mm long in a WWI dated 37mm pom pom case.
This is at known & fairly reputable fair. The guy has had it on offer for the last year & still wants 25 quid for it! - someone will end up buying it because it looks good!
Another `trader` had projectiles with glaringly obviously the wrong fuzes in projectiles!
Funnily enough the guys with the genuine stuff had the better/sensible prices _ go figure??

These fakes are well made. As soons he learns how the item should look like, just by reading our forums, his fakes are much harder to detect. I remember me collecting German swords, a nightmare. Even well known faked swords are now sold by dealers as original. If this faker buys a good book, and starts to learn, be aware! We have to keep tracking him, because now we know his ID and his "mark"but once this will be not the case!

I wonder why somebody wants to make fake projectiles in 20mm.There is so much proper ones in the market.I understand bigger caliber special rounds,but why these small ones too.

The faker still need to study how to make driving ring look proper,it is still the part which rings the bells+colorscheme too.