What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thread pitch for Jap Typ. 91/97 Fuzes?

I will be making some reproduction brass caps and fuze bouchons for Japanese Type 97 or 91 grenades that are missing these parts and for anyone wishing to add some realism to a resin replica. I'm tooling up in preparation for making the first prototypes and I need to know the thread pitch and outside diameter of the brass fuze body where it threads into the cast iron top. If anyone out there has ready access to an original grenade, if you can please measure the thread pitch and outside diameter with a thread gauge or take it to the hardware store and try it out with different sized hardware till you find a match, please respond to this post with the size so I can order the proper size threading die. Thanks in advance
Tim

As near as I can tell from analyzing pictures of the fuzes, the thread size is 12mmX1.0 (12mm diameter, 1mm between each thread), or at least that's the closest size. Could someone who has access to a fuze, please measure the threads with a ruler, to confirm they're 12mmX1.0. I would really hate to sell a reproduction then have it turn out that I made the threads the wrong size. Help.