What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To hell with this repro stuff

This is today 8-27-10 and this is me in pursuit of leg. On the Weber and this is what life is about. Oh yeah, when it comes to BBQ's accept no repro, only Weber, only charcoal. Don't even argue with me on this one.......Dano

Attachments

• Picture 737.jpg
    Picture 737.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Hi John, Here we were at 100 degreesF for a long time, now the daily high is around 75, time to Q here anyways....Dano

The thread title sucked me in.
I agree Dano!
I also agree with the title ordnance wise also.
Repros pollute the gene pool.

is that a repro jam tin bomb in your hand Dan? and are you about to sacrifice it to the flames?:tinysmile_grin_t:
paul.
Actually Paul it is Cavender's Greek all purpose seasoning. (sure wish it was a jam-tin bomb) I use that and usually also Lawry's seasoned salt to season most "Q" except pork steaks and chops on which I use the Cavender's with garlic salt. My chicken legs take close to 2 hours (about an hour on the coals and another hour off the coals as I keep the coals all on one side). When done practically falls off bone. I just absolutely love to be outside when it's nice and really love to BBQ whilst dispensing some suds. When you add my ordnance addiction to that and a marriage that I would not trade for anything in this world, life just don't get much better. I do BBQ when snowing also occasionally!! Dano

You lucky man, out here we can only barbecue under a shelter as it keeps raining. The summer is clearly over here. :(

Yeah buddy, right now is BBQ time here. Fall is encroaching quickly so the weather won't hold out forever. This saturday we are have all 5 children and 4 grandchildren over for a BBQ. My oldest son (Seth 27) is bringing his Weber and we'll have 2 grills going (I bought my Weber new in 79 for 50.00 and it may last another 31 years, hope I do). Seth Q's the best pork steaks one could ever imagine and i'll be Grilling either New York Strip or Ribeye steaks. The beef steaks in my opinion must be done fast with a goddam hot fire to sear them and keep in the juices (no sauce) just salt and pepper to just when all the pink is gone. Teresa will saute some Portabellas and onion slivers in butter to put on the steak. Potatoes will cook in the Brinkman smoker for 3 hours. We are going to chow down. Sorry if I got a bit carried away...Dano

Last edited:
A friend of mine had a bbq iported from the USA. It's about the size of a supermarket trolley, uses a gas flame to heat up rows of stones and has a special heater on the side for the peanutbutter......... even writing about it makes me hungry for sate

Last edited:
Hey Dan,

Don't forget to "throw a couple of shrimps onto the barbie" for me!

Cheers
Drew