What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.............to those who wait

Well friends here it is, my WWII German rifle grenade that took 5 month and 1 week give or take to get here. Nothing special by any stretch of the imagination but by god it finally came. Ironically I had bought it to go with a PZGR40 I had to display it with. Well I had given this one up for dead, got disgusted and traded off the PZGR40, so I figure I can do 1 of 2 things, either trade this one off, or better yet buy another PZGR40 (I should think they would display fine next to each other). I had got a little sour when I figured this one was not coming and it is not an uncommon piece so I could have found another, but it was the principle of it all and I hate to buy stuff twice. Well I am eating my words , as well as crow. If these words make little sense it is no wonder because my feelings are running like a female when she's pregnant! Anyway here it is and I hope to find another PZGR40 to display next to it..Dano

Attachments

• Picture 487.jpg
    Picture 487.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Picture 488.jpg
    Picture 488.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 24
As you have waited so long for it Dano,keep it is my thoughts.
Restore it a bit, yes, but keep it as it will give you a lot of good memories.

Andy

Glad you got it OK Dano.
Just try and relax about the postage.
I completely lose track of what's on its way from across the pond and having spent the money some time ago when I get them it like they're for free!
Dave.

I ordered a book from an American dealer which took almost 6 months to arrive , and when it did it was in a large mail sack, i think it swam across! yet others that i have ordered are freqently less than a week

As you have waited so long for it Dano,keep it is my thoughts.
Restore it a bit, yes, but keep it as it will give you a lot of good memories.

Andy
Yeah Andy, I guess I will have to hold on to this one which will be real lonely till I get another PZGR40 to display next to it. The picture didn't do the piece much justice as it does retain about 30% of the original yellow color. I am not much of a WWII collector but these WWII German rifle grenades intrigue me for one reason or another. I guess I should have known it would only be a matter of time before it arrived because as i've mentioned I bought it from a dealer of un-questionable honesty and have never lost a piece to customs. Just glad it did come and my first thought was to trade it off since I had already traded off the PZGR40 that I had bought to display it with. Guess i'll simply have to get another PZGR40. Life can be funny! Dano