What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOTally not ordnance related update

satan18

Well with the old capri stripped out inside with not to much suprises i actually find it is in a lot better condition than most.

A well looked after car in its day and has had a lot of repairs to the body in its life,and its realy a case of decide what to repair again or to leave,but there is some issues with the front floor pans and chassis out riggers which i will re manufacture myself and make the gusset pressings on the fly press.

The outer sills and the inners sills are mint which is a bonus for a capri
so now i am stripping undersill prior to sandblasting and welding.

once the whole body is in bare metal then it can be etch primed and stone gaurded underneath and that to will go into the cars colour.

Engine and gear box will remain standard as i have decided to keep this car
absolutely factory due to the long ownership of the previous owner
1972 to 2005.
All i might do is unlead the head stick a four branch manifold on and twin 40s to make it a bit grunty:smile:.

Attachments

• New capri phase 1 001.jpg
    New capri phase 1 001.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 22
  • New capri phase 1 003.jpg
    New capri phase 1 003.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 18
  • New capri phase 1 002.jpg
    New capri phase 1 002.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 16
Looks pretty clean for a Capri of that age bud.
A great project, do keep us updated.

Good luck.

Andy

Looks pretty clean for a Capri of that age bud.
A great project, do keep us updated.

Good luck.

Andy

Thanks Andy Its suprising me aswell as my MK3 which was 8 years newer
looked like a tea bag:sad: and took me 147 hours welding to save it.

Well keep updating when next chunk of work done.

Best phil

Nice project. Must get my split screen MM out of the woods and stick a new floor pan in. Then again it might have to wait a bit longer, the missus wants me to finish the house first!
Keep us up to date with the Capri.
Hangarman

Nice project. Must get my split screen MM out of the woods and stick a new floor pan in. Then again it might have to wait a bit longer, the missus wants me to finish the house first!
Keep us up to date with the Capri.
Hangarman

Will do:smile: i am trying to split the difference between my house and the garage but its not working very well.

Best phil