What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Totally not ordnance related

satan18

Well another big milestone finished which explains why i have been quite on the forum lately.

The capri re build is coming along well with rear floors replaced front floors replaced outer cill extensions done,lower A post upper Apost,wing rail,top strutt mounts and misc smaller repairs.

One side of the car is in bare metal and then i have to turn it around and do it all again.

Looks like a big kit at the moment but worth the end results.

Attachments

• capri pics and fuses 029.jpg
    capri pics and fuses 029.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 25
  • capri pics and fuses 031.jpg
    capri pics and fuses 031.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 22
  • capri pics and fuses 035.jpg
    capri pics and fuses 035.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 22
  • capri pics and fuses 051.jpg
    capri pics and fuses 051.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 30
  • capri pics and fuses 053.jpg
    capri pics and fuses 053.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 24
Nice one Phil! I like seeing rebuild pics of cars as my big brother has been doing up Morris Minors for years.
I have a load of mark one Capri items in my shed if you are interested in them? :p
Crikey! Ive wheels,wings and a door that will just look dandy on your restoration. ;)

best

waff

Nice one Phil! I like seeing rebuild pics of cars as my big brother has been doing up Morris Minors for years.
I have a load of mark one Capri items in my shed if you are interested in them? :p
Crikey! Ive wheels,wings and a door that will just look dandy on your restoration. ;)

best

waff

Well! what can i say bud but thanks for letting me fill your new shed with
all my capri bits from up North.
I have certainly dealt with some genuine capri people from your neck of the woods that have allowed me to buy some of there stash for next to nothing.

And it aint finished yet:xd:

Best phil

I remember back in '87 before i used to drive that some of the older lads used to meet up on the local petrol station with all the Capri's. (No 24 hour garages then!)
Us non-drivers would stagger out the pub and go to the meet ups(Handy chinese takeaway next to pub).
There was all the range of Capri's there from the 1.6 through to a few 2.8's and that beast of a 3 Litre thunderer!! Wow,could that thing shift! :burnout:
Glorious orange it was sprayed!
What colour is your resto gonna be pal?

best

waff

Last edited:
Way back in the day I had a 71 Capri with a 2.0 (solid lifter) and a stick, then traded it on a 73 Capri with a 2.6 (also solid lifter) and a stick. The 2.6 had no torque but it was a quick little package. I guess the engine choices were different in the states but if I remember right the std. engine was a 1.6. The magazine advertisements in the day said "Mercury Capri, the first sexy european under 2600.00" (us money). A pretty little car but many dubbed it over here as a dressed up overpriced Pinto (all the running gear was the same) but I did love my Capris....Dano

Reminds me of a 1978 Mustang Ghia I once had.

Very nice restoration... Well done!
...I think you may have put the steering wheel on the wrong side though. LOL!

I look forward to seeing the photos of the final restoration.

Cheers,
Brad

Last edited:
I remember back in '87 before i used to drive that some of the older lads used to meet up on the local petrol station with all the Capri's. (No 24 hour garages then!)
Us non-drivers would stagger out the pub and go to the meet ups(Handy chinese takeaway next to pub).
There was all the range of Capri's there from the 1.6 through to a few 2.8's and that beast of a 3 Litre thunderer!! Wow,could that thing shift! :burnout:
Glorious orange it was sprayed!
What colour is your resto gonna be pal?

best

waff

Hi Paul
The car will be going back to its original colour which was Fords best ever colour from the 70s saphire blue :tinysmile_classes_t

Aparently its quite a rare colour now for mk1s.

Best phil

very nice phil shes looking better allready its gona look great when all finished

regards lee

project

I must say Phil my hat is off to you. When you take on a project you take one on. I have done more than a couple of restos but have never tackled anything needing floors. The most I have gone was a 69 Camaro project that I put new 1/4 panels on, anything with rusted floors I always passed on as biting off more than I could chew! Excellent work and I think we could call it a rescue mission. The problem with most "older" cars is that they all were pretty much "rust buckets". Your future restorer will have much more to work with as cars made in the last 20 years or so just don't rust big time like that. Can't wait to see the Capri pics when done...Dano

Way back in the day I had a 71 Capri with a 2.0 (solid lifter) and a stick, then traded it on a 73 Capri with a 2.6 (also solid lifter) and a stick. The 2.6 had no torque but it was a quick little package. I guess the engine choices were different in the states but if I remember right the std. engine was a 1.6. The magazine advertisements in the day said "Mercury Capri, the first sexy european under 2600.00" (us money). A pretty little car but many dubbed it over here as a dressed up overpriced Pinto (all the running gear was the same) but I did love my Capris....Dano

Nice one Dano,i know the Capri was well received in the US and there is still a lot of good rust free examples out there.
I expect that if every Capri could tell its own story then i guess it would amount to the same thing that in there Day they were a number one
passion wagon,or Bird puller:tinysmile_classes_t

We had the 1.3ohv 1.6ohv 2.0 pinto 2.8 fuel injected from Germany and the good old Essex 3.0 V6 and the 3100 Essex V6 which was Rapid.

Always a pleasure Dano

Best phil