What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn out that light!!!!

Lou

Hey guys, heres a dare for you, lets see whos got ordnance related, trench art lamps!!!! Lil ones, big ones, crappy ones, photo it up and post it!!

I have two, heres one I picked up a few months back. Not sure what it is, but I do see UK broad arrows and anchors stamped on the side. British 2pdr maybe??

Personally, it bums me out to see good ordnance altered. But then again, sometimes they can be quite ornate and attractive. This one ISINT!!

Lets see who has the knackers to show their lamps!!!

Me thinks theres lots of "in the closet" lamp owners that wont post maybe??

Attachments

• Lamps 002.jpg
    Lamps 002.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Lamps 003.jpg
    Lamps 003.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 87
  • Lamps 004.jpg
    Lamps 004.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Lamps 005.jpg
    Lamps 005.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Lamps 006.jpg
    Lamps 006.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Lamps 001.jpg
    Lamps 001.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
The Horror The Horror

Top quote,top avatar Weasel! :bigsmile:

Sorry Lou,i have no lamps made of ordnance but i once heard a tale of an Incendiary Bomb turned into a lamp?
Perhaps this one of yours is recoverable?

cheers

waff

Last edited:
Grrr !

I am thinking that may be a nice 40 mm 2 Pounder pom pom HE round until someone mullered it-mind you it looks like it could be salvaged Lou as the base would have housed a Tracer unit.

The only Trench art I ever bought was one item in order to reclaim it, but that said it is better to see something saved by a collector as opposed to being tossed out, whatever lights your candle I guess.
Fortunately I have nothing to show on here:tinysmile_hmm_t:

You know,as a matter of fact it is.And could be restored to the point that even Andy would love to have it.I believe the base of it threaded to accept a BD or tracer element.

Yep,base threads are intact.Everything comes apart. I'll hit it with the wire brush and take more photos for ya'll. Just kidding on the wire brush part

Last edited:
Restoration !

You know,as a matter of fact it is.And could be restored to the point that even Andy would love to have it.I believe the base of it threaded to accept a BD or tracer element.

Now we are singing from the same Hymn book Lou :congrats:

Then I'll add that to the challange. Show your lamps,and restore or not to restore!!!!

That is a nice projectile there. These 2 Pounders are not that common to find unfired and with the bands still on. I would have bought that lamp if I had seen it for sale in order to recover the projectile.

lamps

Best lamp I ever bought was an unused 3.7in Gun shell that had a small hole drilled in the base. Paid lamp price for it as well!! 2pr

Pineapple Lamp

Here's my grenade lamp. It's a real pre-war pineapple. Lamp is nicely made and works perfect still, even still has the old cloth power cord in good shape.
$60 bucks well spent.

I like this lamp.......and also like my 1968 Westclox alarm clock. This clock would wake the dead when it goes off ......BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
It glows in the dark also, and it's Made in USA, what more could you ask for.

I set this clock sometimes to remind me to bid on auctions :tinysmile_tongue_t:

Attachments

• PC290001.jpg
    PC290001.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 35
  • PC290002.jpg
    PC290002.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I don't have much in the way of treach art, but I do have four lamps that are in various places around the "museum". The first two are a "matched" pair of lamps. I also threw in my grenade wine decanter. Not a trench art item, but kind of nice also.

Bob

Attachments

• Lamp 1.jpg
    Lamp 1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 55
  • Lamp 2.jpg
    Lamp 2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Lamp 3.jpg
    Lamp 3.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Lamp 4.jpg
    Lamp 4.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Decanter.jpg
    Decanter.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 50
Here's Mine Lou!!

Mine is a Brit 3" mortar that looks factory made. I don't think I'm gonna try to restore it since I had to re-wire it from the original cloth covered cord. Regards, Bruce.

p.s. Please disregard the mess. You shoulda seen it BEFORE I got home and did a cleansing, though.

PB210727.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, I got some, too.

Attachments

• trenchart 002 (Small).jpg
    trenchart 002 (Small).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 24
  • trenchart 006 (Small).jpg
    trenchart 006 (Small).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 21
  • trenchart 003 (Small).jpg
    trenchart 003 (Small).jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 22
I don't have much in the way of treach art, but I do have four lamps that are in various places around the "museum". The first two are a "matched" pair of lamps. I also threw in my grenade wine decanter. Not a trench art item, but kind of nice also.

Bob
Wow Bob, That decanter is the s__t!!! Kind of sums up both of my hobbies. SWEET...Dano

Not all lamps, but here is a bunch of stuff made from grenades..

Attachments

• bookends.JPG
    bookends.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 31
  • lamp1.JPG
    lamp1.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 30
  • lamp2.JPG
    lamp2.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 30
  • lamp3.JPG
    lamp3.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 28
  • lighter.JPG
    lighter.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 29
  • ashtray.JPG
    ashtray.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 29
My contribution. A couple I was "gifted" from guys whose wives no longer allowed them in the house. Is there a prize for best lampshade?

Attachments

• DSCN1804.jpg
    DSCN1804.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN1806.jpg
    DSCN1806.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN1807.jpg
    DSCN1807.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 37
Sweet lampshade!!! Looks like it came straight out of grandmas boudoir,,,

Great stuff guys,keep it coming if you can.

Kilroy,
I have a pair of hand grenade lamps just exactly like your's, base is the exact same casting. I now have to assume that these were "factory" made, post war. Mine have been painted black over what I think was the original antique gold color paint. I'm going to restore one lamp to "original" color and re-wire it with old style cord, and leave the other as a "before and after" display.
BKW

New entry for the ugliest lamp competition. Made from two early model M25 CS grenades.

DSCN2004.jpg