What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV series: World War Two battlefield recovery

AMMOTECHXT

Ordnance approved
Premium Member
For any who are not yet aware, this series has been showing at around 8 pm on Channel 5 on Saturdays and is available on catch-up TV. It started off a bit slowly but I reckon that episode 5, shown on Saturday 30th January, was the best so far. It's a documentary that follows four men who had permission to search in Latvia. Interesting stuff.

personally I think they are a bunch of second rate amatuers who have found an apparently legitimate means of raiding the battlefield for 'stuff' and who, when they find a body, report it to the appropriate authority. There's loads of people doing it, just look at ebay and some of the UK fairs to see the results of their digging.

Does any one know where the young lad comes from as I cannot understand him, do thy have to keep crying, it a miss for me now

I was kind of hoping it would be along the lines of 'Time team', with a bunch of respectable and intelligent researchers looking for answers to questions.
Instead it seems it was an hour of enthusiasts slobbering and clambering over each other to get 'something' of worth. And seeing the bloke at the end marching up with the poor soldiers remains and handing them over to the burials chap as though it was a box of groceries, and then sauntering off like he was off down the pub made me sigh with despair...

Rant over. I'll pass on this one too.

I felt the same about the young guy and thought 'couldn't they find someone a little more eloquent' but it seems he is Polish and his English is considerably better than my Polish.... I only watched one episode, that was more than enough.

I felt the same about the young guy and thought 'couldn't they find someone a little more eloquent' but it seems he is Polish and his English is considerably better than my Polish.... I only watched one episode, that was more than enough.

A polish chav Lol that's made my day

I am glad to see that it was not just me that thought it was appalling.
I watched most of the first episode but it was too much. Saw bits of the second episode, flicking over, during adverts elsewhere, to see what was happening.
I lost the will to live after that.
I hope you saw the Dads Army episode last night with the 'sticky bomb' training and the 36 grenade discharger. It should be on iPlayer.

I am glad to see that it was not just me that thought it was appalling.
I watched most of the first episode but it was too much. Saw bits of the second episode, flicking over, during adverts elsewhere, to see what was happening.
I lost the will to live after that.
I hope you saw the Dads Army episode last night with the 'sticky bomb' training and the 36 grenade discharger. It should be on iPlayer.[/QUOTE

Yes , that Dads Army was a classic . Pity the 36's they put in the cup discharger didn't have their gas checks ! After all the comments on that other programme , I watched one & it was awful . The American chap in it used to be the gun expert in the Pawn Stars programme .
They must all use the same agent .

Last edited:
I think the American guy has been mentioned in a post or two on here , some of our American members had a few things to say about his selling technique ?Have to agree with others , appalling shite and strange that in all the episodes I watched no live ammunition been found ?