What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two German stick grenades of WW1 !!

m1915 german stick head variant

Hi Dave, Just wanted to show you this variant of a relic m1915 German stick grenade can. It is obviously a different can than what is on yours, but app. the same large size as your '15 can...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 276.jpg
    Picture 276.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 22
German WW1 stick grenade model 1917

Contrary to the 1915 and 1916 stick grenades whose shapes varied according to the manufacturer, this weapon was a REGULATION model. Its specs were precise and did not vary from one maker to another: canister 6cm in diameter by 11cm long, with a 3.5cm diameter threaded opening in the base; one piece stamping eliminates the seperate lid; "Wilhelm" type handle 25cm long closed by a metal star cap; metal pull cord igniter. this model constituted the epitome of the evolution of the home made raquette grenade and was used from 1917 until hostilities ended on 11 November 1918. taken from: GERMAN GRENADES OF THE GREAT WAR
by: Patrice Delhomme
All German WW1 stick grenades incorporated a belt hook on the head, with exception of the artisan shop made sticks made in 1916 for the VERDUN offensive only.

Last edited:
yes i know this type of !

yes dano i know this type of with the seperat cap on top i have seen some of them in egun i will also bye on of this but in good conditions i dont find one till now !!

Regards David

i also bought this german smoke stick grenade !!

i also bought some time ago this german smoke stick grenade from WW1 but i have to restore it
There are also very reare to find !!
some pics of this type the first one is mine the rest how it looks like in good conditions !!

Regards David

Attachments

• 2292980_4a2573cd1ce11[1].jpg
    2292980_4a2573cd1ce11[1].jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 17
  • ms00051-1[1].jpg
    ms00051-1[1].jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 27
  • ms00051-2[1].jpg
    ms00051-2[1].jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 30
  • ms00051-4[1].jpg
    ms00051-4[1].jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 26
Cool Grenade

Hi Dave, I do like that style of grenade. Just how rare are they over in Germany? The variants and possibilities seem limitless. Great find Dave..Dano

can size comparison

Pictured on left is m1917 German stick grenade (smaller can) - next is a ball finial m1915 German stick grenade (larger can) - Then an original blank stick with unfinished ends (undated, which makes sense because it would have been date stamped when grenade was assembled). These original blank sticks are rare. this one came out of a box in France and I got the last one..Dano

Attachments

• Picture 277.jpg
    Picture 277.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 32
WW1 Stic k grens various types and evolution on M24 ro M43

WW1 Stick grens of various types and the evolution of the M24 ro M43

Attachments

• DSCF0763.jpg
    DSCF0763.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCF0766.jpg
    DSCF0766.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF0768.jpg
    DSCF0768.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 44
Hi Engineer, I agree that this is a practice stick grenade. What I do find unusual about it is the way the head screws onto the stick, they either usually use an inner fine threading of a wierd type crimp fitting. this is the first i've seen in this configuration. Is this uncommon or do I just need to get out more? Dano

1ww Sticks

Heres my selection of 1ww stick grenades. The small can 1917 is unusual as it has a crimmped top.
the one one the right is austrian.
Cheers, Paul.

Attachments

• 1ww sticks.jpg
    1ww sticks.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 47
great WW1 sticks

Thanks to Jeeeensy and Paul, you have an impressive array of WW1 stick grenades. thanks for sharing...Dano

WW1 and WW2 Training UB Grens

Large early can and the later small can , not to mention to M24 version
Note that the trainers are the same size as the,,,,,,,,disposable use once version :xd:

Regards
Nick

Attachments

• WW1%20&%202%20both%202.jpg
    WW1%20&%202%20both%202.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 54
Hi. I'm new to this and unsure what to write.
I have 6 German stick grenades, a 1917 German Erfurt rifle and a few other war relics. My wife & I would like to sell these items and have no idea of their value. The various web sites we searched have been no help. Do any of the BOCN members have any information that would be of help to us? Thank you.