What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two more Turks.

Alan1

Premium Member
Here is a pic of two Turkish grenades that have been in my collection for many years. They both look right. But I have never seen the cast iron fuze holder before, tho' plenty of the brass versions that are different in shape and rather taller in height. The concept and shape is reminiscent of several British grenades of the early war period, and wch would accept a detonator on the business end and often a Brock's igniter on the other. Any comments welcome. Add - apologies for the double tap!
Alan1.DSCN0785[1].jpgDSCN0785[1].jpg

I've never seen that cast iron fuze holder either but that doesn't mean it's not right. Always more to learn.

Hi John, grateful yr thoughts. Certainly looked ok to me, but never seen another. Either in collection or museum. Perhaps colleagues who specialize in the Gallipoli/Egypt campaigns can help further. May, of course, be a jury rig by allied troops to use up stocks of captured enemy ammunition. Alan1